Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2016, 01:32 PM

17,605 posts, read 13,393,649 times

Advertisements

MrsM and I just got our NRA "gifts" for our lifetime memberships. The tags said "Made in China"

Last year (or the year before??) when we got our NRA ball caps labeled "Made in China" I called and spoke to whoever was "in charge" of ordering. He said USA made gifts were too expensive, but he was looking for US sourcing.

Well, a year (or 2) later the crap is still from China

Why is the most patriotic 2nd Amendment organizations in the US buying anything from outside of the U.S.A.??

We should all be writing and calling the NRA!

Rant over
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2016, 01:39 PM

4,866 posts, read 11,232,976 times
Really??? Are you joining because you support the NRA or are you joining because you want some cheap promotion item?

I bet you purchased a discounted $300 life membership and are now complaining that the "gift" is made in China? If everyone was paying full price ($1000 currently) for life memberships like we did when I got mine 30 years ago, you might have received a better "gift". Tell you what, take the $700 you saved on your discounted life membership and go buy an american made duffle bag or whatever "gift" it was you received.

We should all be writing and calling the NRA but it isn't for your perceived injustice.

Unreal...

LBTRS
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Old 01-16-2016, 01:41 PM

1,038 posts, read 903,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
MrsM and I just got our NRA "gifts" for our lifetime memberships. The tags said "Made in China"

Last year (or the year before??) when we got our NRA ball caps labeled "Made in China" I called and spoke to whoever was "in charge" of ordering. He said USA made gifts were too expensive, but he was looking for US sourcing.

Well, a year (or 2) later the crap is still from China

Why is the most patriotic 2nd Amendment organizations in the US buying anything from outside of the U.S.A.??

We should all be writing and calling the NRA!

Rant over
Because the NRA too is a business, and wants to turn a profit.

Old 01-16-2016, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBTRS View Post
Really??? Are you joining because you support the NRA or are you joining because you want some cheap promotion item?

I bet you purchased a discounted $300 life membership and are now complaining that the "gift" is made in China? If everyone was paying full price ($1000 currently) for life memberships like we did when I got mine 30 years ago, you might have received a better "gift". Tell you what, take the $700 you saved on your discounted life membership and go buy an american made duffle bag or whatever "gift" it was you received.

We should all be writing and calling the NRA but it isn't for your perceived injustice.

Unreal...

LBTRS
NRA Benefactor Life Member
What I paid is totally irrelevant. We bought 2 life memberships.

We joined because we support the NRA. The cheap prom will be tossed just like the cheap promo's in the past

That is not the issue.

We should all buy American and not from a country that is doing it's best to tank our economy. Especially the #one 2nd Amendment organization in the US

Old 01-16-2016, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Not a good answer

Old 01-16-2016, 09:36 PM

19,818 posts, read 22,716,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnie Jean McGee View Post
Ummm.....

Old 01-16-2016, 09:57 PM

20,296 posts, read 37,221,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike1003 View Post
What I paid is totally irrelevant. We bought 2 life memberships.

We joined because we support the NRA. The cheap prom will be tossed just like the cheap promo's in the past

That is not the issue.

We should all buy American and not from a country that is doing it's best to tank our economy. Especially the #one 2nd Amendment organization in the US
Agree with you, Mike.

Old 01-17-2016, 08:26 AM

806 posts, read 878,347 times
I don't want their cheesy gifts , and I don't think they should be buying anything from China .

Old 01-17-2016, 12:15 PM

20,296 posts, read 37,221,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selogic View Post
I don't want their cheesy gifts , and I don't think they should be buying anything from China .
Just trow the things away. That's what I do, and still support the NRA. However, I bet that the NRA will stop doing that if enough members complain about it.

Old 01-18-2016, 06:39 AM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,402,740 times
It's not just the NRA buying crap from China I have a Wounded Worrier hat that cost $25.

Just another example of American business BS. Talk the talk about buying American made but the bottom line is buy cheap.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting