Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2022, 12:10 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,654,259 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarahann25 View Post
I think murdering an animal and the feasting on the flesh of a corpse is gross and barbaric. Getting-off on taking an innocent life is psychotic. Unfortunately, there’s a lot of sickos in this world. It’s obvious just reading this thread.

I believe in respecting life (especially sentient beings) and being kind. Why bring unnecessary cruelty into this world?
So eating at a Ruby Tuesday or fast food 10x a week is okay- corporate farming of animals is okay. Isn't that what you said in another thread? Have you seen conditions there? Tell me you're not 'feasting on the flesh of a corpse'.

Please do tell.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64482446-post44.html

Meanwhile I just butchered and processed my non-trophy whitetail and put in the freezer today. I'll make my own burger and much healthier than what you're eating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2022, 04:38 AM

45,355 posts, read 60,546,019 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
So eating at a Ruby Tuesday or fast food 10x a week is okay- corporate farming of animals is okay. Isn't that what you said in another thread? Have you seen conditions there? Tell me you're not 'feasting on the flesh of a corpse'.

Please do tell.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/64482446-post44.html

Meanwhile I just butchered and processed my non-trophy whitetail and put in the freezer today. I'll make my own burger and much healthier than what you're eating.
Apparently that must be "different" somehow.

Old 11-28-2022, 05:26 PM

10,350 posts, read 13,936,640 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregonwoodsmoke View Post
Bears and racoons are both eaten.

Bears are barely respectful of humans and if they were never "terrorized" the entire bear population would happily move into the big city where the living is easy and live on garbage cans and eat small children. Most don't because they have the knowledge that humans can sometimes be dangerous.

it's the same with mountain lions. If they are never hunted, they move right into town and into people's backyards, where they eat the family dog.

Raccoons, it doesn't seem to matter how much they are hunted or trapped, they still all want to live right in town and eat cat food and garbage.
A little dramatic aren't we?

Old 11-30-2022, 08:48 PM

565 posts, read 471,393 times
I haven't gone hunting since 1995. Still, I support hunting as it is as much a core human activity as procreating. Also, I believe that attacks on hunting are attacks on the 2A and Americanism in general. I'm okay with the honest science of game management so if that includes trophy hunting then that's okay. I remember as a kid seeing my elderly neighbor's Boone and Crocket Club medal and the cleaned mountain lion skull that earned it. I was completely impressed. That was a big cat.

Old 11-30-2022, 10:28 PM

716 posts, read 396,170 times
I am going trophy hunting for whitetail in Texas in the morning but I prolly wont get a trophy but I hope I do.I may shoot a non-trophy buck instead for the meat if i get a chance.I hope I get the biggest trophy with the biggest rack this year on our deer lease but I doubt that will happen.I will shoot a trophy tomorrow if I get the shot.I have always loved shooting bucks even if they were not trophies though.

Last edited by NewMexicoCowboy; 11-30-2022 at 11:14 PM..

Old 12-19-2022, 06:44 AM

21 posts, read 15,383 times
I've never had the luxury of being able to trophy hunt. In my used to be profession sometimes even getting a day or two off was iffy. And getting to hunt on opening day was not a gaurantee either so I shot the first legal animal that presented it's self. It was that way from 1974 to 2018 when I left the Oil Field. No after many things happening I can go Hunting when and for as long as I want I do still shoot the first legal one to show up. I have stumbled on some big males and took them but tag soup is something I do not like to eat.

Old 12-25-2022, 03:02 AM

625 posts, read 791,966 times
I never really understood this issue. Hunting is hunting and like gun owners being gun owners worst enemy hunters are hunters worst enemy. I live way up in Maine and hunt allot of varmints Coyotes mostly. Many hate that we go out and take yotes all year and summer yotes are not used for anything and winter yotes are only used for pelts and the leftovers many times end up bait for yote hunting.

I also do cats for many a farmer and landowner. Yep feral cats are a huge problem in some areas. This is a huge trigger for hunters and non hunters I have had police called on me and been threatened. Got attacked by a guy once that did not end well for him.

Hunting is hunting. If you are after a freezer full of meat or that trophy rack enjoy your sport and show that same respect to other hunters..

Old 01-04-2023, 09:44 PM

716 posts, read 396,170 times
Well I did not get a trophy this past deer season but I did get some good venison to fill the freezer.I was hoping for a trophy though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting