Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-06-2024, 05:18 AM

18,158 posts, read 15,619,989 times

Advertisements

The new rifle is fast becoming a favorite, It's not the go to my Ar 15 is But a niche it more than has. If the weather is improved today I'd like to take a drive and go finish fine tuning it. She's a 20 incher I put a 4.5x12 scope on it

A trigger upgrade is in the offing and a new fore end but not much else mod wise. If all goes according to plan I'll be able to finish fine tuning it today. Get the zero locked in. It's a tad on the heavy side but not uncomfortably so and I do believe I'll hunt with it this year. I haven't had a chance to really do much besides initial sighting in but I've got it set and holding the X at 200 yards. So far I'm favorably impressed.

The SA 35. LOL what can I say. It's the first 9mm anything I've owned since 1988 and it will remain a solo flyer in my rack. I got eide of my last 9 all those years ago and said then and plenty in between that if I ever did get another 9 it would be a Hi Power P 35. O made good on that promise. It's my primary carry pistol now. 9mm defensive ammunition has come a long way and the thing is a dream to shoot. It comes to point great for me and the grip fits my hand perfect. Recovery time to follow up shotrs is nothing. After so many decades of a 45 ACP both felt and perceived recoil are a nothing burger as well. The controls and overall feel is close enough to a 1911 they're muscle memory and it's a LOT cheaper to practice.

Me packing a 9mm as a primary carry piece is nothing short of miraculous. LOL but I did stick to my guns (iterally) in what that 9 would be if it wound up there. It puts them CoM rapid fire at 15 yards all day and I do believe I'll hang on to it. Oh i'm hardly retiring my 1911 carry piece but it is getting a major upgrade. It's a Commander light Weight and it's getting a full size steel frame. for competition use. Get some weight on that girl. She bites a bit with carry ammo and I don't want to do a lot of shooting with the LW frame anyway. I have seen these Colts crack on a steady diet of full power ammo.

I'm overall very satisfied with both these firearms and I demand a lot from my guns. These ctwo pulled it off. The SA 35 is a comforting feeling onmy hip and it like the Commander conceals and carries quite comfortably. If you're a single action auto fan in your pistols this one won't do you wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2024, 06:51 PM

12,946 posts, read 13,332,362 times
Pics would be nice.
Especially of the SA 35.
Closest pistol I had to that was the CZ75….
Gifted it to my son for Christmas.
Attached Thumbnails
Two new aquisitopns earning their spots. DPMS LR 308 and Springfield Armory SA35-76de8f00-57f7-4a80-ba48-794f5b7395e8.jpeg  

Old 04-13-2024, 11:38 AM

3,261 posts, read 1,742,217 times
I've heard nothing but good things about Springfields SA-35. so much so that I gave in and bought one yesterday. What I really like is the extended safety MUCH better than the original Browing, which I had years ago and sold. About the only thing I'd do to the SA-35 is add extended controls to the slide and mag release, maybe add a beavertail. I did that to my Tisas version of the Hi Power with good results.

Old 04-14-2024, 12:56 PM
Status: "Hello Darlin, Nice to see you - Conway Twitty" (set 6 days ago)

792 posts, read 373,734 times
Its just a 1911.. I always liked a then but not practical in modern warfare. Functional yes, I wouldn't spend the money on one. Why do you like them? That CZ looks a LOT better IMO. I get the nam vet trained on it aspect but not sure what else.

Old 04-15-2024, 07:24 PM

10,719 posts, read 5,658,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver 47 View Post
I've heard nothing but good things about Springfields SA-35. so much so that I gave in and bought one yesterday. What I really like is the extended safety MUCH better than the original Browing, which I had years ago and sold. About the only thing I'd do to the SA-35 is add extended controls to the slide and mag release, maybe add a beavertail. I did that to my Tisas version of the Hi Power with good results.
Who did you use to add the beavertail?

Old 04-16-2024, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NVplumber View Post
The new rifle is fast becoming a favorite, It's not the go to my Ar 15 is But a niche it more than has. If the weather is improved today I'd like to take a drive and go finish fine tuning it. She's a 20 incher I put a 4.5x12 scope on it

A trigger upgrade is in the offing and a new fore end but not much else mod wise. If all goes according to plan I'll be able to finish fine tuning it today. Get the zero locked in. It's a tad on the heavy side but not uncomfortably so and I do believe I'll hunt with it this year. I haven't had a chance to really do much besides initial sighting in but I've got it set and holding the X at 200 yards. So far I'm favorably impressed.

The SA 35. LOL what can I say. It's the first 9mm anything I've owned since 1988 and it will remain a solo flyer in my rack. I got eide of my last 9 all those years ago and said then and plenty in between that if I ever did get another 9 it would be a Hi Power P 35. O made good on that promise. It's my primary carry pistol now. 9mm defensive ammunition has come a long way and the thing is a dream to shoot. It comes to point great for me and the grip fits my hand perfect. Recovery time to follow up shotrs is nothing. After so many decades of a 45 ACP both felt and perceived recoil are a nothing burger as well. The controls and overall feel is close enough to a 1911 they're muscle memory and it's a LOT cheaper to practice.

Me packing a 9mm as a primary carry piece is nothing short of miraculous. LOL but I did stick to my guns (iterally) in what that 9 would be if it wound up there. It puts them CoM rapid fire at 15 yards all day and I do believe I'll hang on to it. Oh i'm hardly retiring my 1911 carry piece but it is getting a major upgrade. It's a Commander light Weight and it's getting a full size steel frame. for competition use. Get some weight on that girl. She bites a bit with carry ammo and I don't want to do a lot of shooting with the LW frame anyway. I have seen these Colts crack on a steady diet of full power ammo.

I'm overall very satisfied with both these firearms and I demand a lot from my guns. These two pulled it off. The SA 35 is a comforting feeling on my hip and it like the Commander conceals and carries quite comfortably. If you're a single action auto fan in your pistols this one won't do you wrong.
I just picked up the Springfield SA-35 and I believe its better than the original Browning version.
Now if only I could find a 3 inch 1911 for my collection!

Old 04-19-2024, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Who did you use to add the beavertail?
I decided against adding a beavertail. But I'd use a local gunsmith I've used for the last 15 years. I had considered adding one to the Tisas/Regent HP clone but he told me the frame needed machining and the cost would be in the 300-400 bucks range and I'm not putting that much $$ in a clone.

I had my SA-35 out for an extended range test earlier today. I was wary of hammer/slide bite as I sometimes grip too high on the frame. Didn't happen during the trip and I shot 300 rounds without any malf's. This one's a keeper but I want to run a few hundred more rounds thru it before carrying it. She came with one 15 round mag and FedEx just dropped off a box with two more. I might go for extended controls on the slide and mag release. Thats as far as I'll go on a carry gun. Trigger break is crisp with minimal pretravel but I haven't put a trigger pull gauge on it yet.

I run magtech magazines in the Tisas/Regent HP clone and I have no reason to think the Springfield will be any different.

Old 04-19-2024, 09:30 PM

Quote:
I decided against adding a beavertail. But I'd use a local gunsmith I've used for the last 15 years. I had considered adding one to the Tisas/Regent HP clone but he told me the frame needed machining and the cost would be in the 300-400 bucks range and I'm not putting that much $$ in a clone.

I had my SA-35 out for an extended range test earlier today. I was wary of hammer/slide bite as I sometimes grip too high on the frame. Didn't happen during the trip and I shot 300 rounds without any malf's. This one's a keeper but I want to run a few hundred more rounds thru it before carrying it. She came with one 15 round mag and FedEx just dropped off a box with two more. I might go for extended controls on the slide and mag release. Thats as far as I'll go on a carry gun. Trigger break is crisp with minimal pretravel but I haven't put a trigger pull gauge on it yet.

I run magtech magazines in the Tisas/Regent HP clone and I have no reason to think the Springfield will be any different.
Sorry, I was asking about your Tisas. Didn’t you say that you added a beavertail to it, and considered it for your SA-35?

Old Today, 10:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TaxPhd View Post
Sorry, I was asking about your Tisas. Didn’t you say that you added a beavertail to it, and considered it for your SA-35?
I had considered it for the Tisas, but I found the cost prohibitive. A range trip with the SA-35 proved no hammer bite, so no reason to add one.

Old Today, 11:31 AM

Quote:
I had considered it for the Tisas, but I found the cost prohibitive. A range trip with the SA-35 proved no hammer bite, so no reason to add one.
Thanks, I misunderstood what you wrote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting