Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2009, 05:00 PM

43,854 posts, read 51,368,137 times

Advertisements

I'm a middle aged female who owns no guns ......but I sure do respect you guys who fight for your rights to own them. I'm glad you are standing vigilant in keeping an eye on the sneaky laws they are surely trying to push in at this time. Who would have ever thought America would come to this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2009, 05:20 PM

48,502 posts, read 97,069,428 times
Relax because no one would answer with a list anyway. They can't even find much of the income not reported.

Old 08-02-2009, 03:59 PM

9,616 posts, read 12,947,896 times
Default Dear Ms. Feinstein!

Anyone can send her a happy little love e-mail, and tell her what we "Special Interest Groupies" feel about government invasion of privacy and their purposeful disregard for the Second Amendment.

From her website:

"Every e-mail I receive is read, and your opinions are carefully considered."

Hmmm....

Be my quest:

.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: Contact Us :.

Old 08-04-2009, 06:42 PM

54,500 posts, read 33,925,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rifleman View Post
Anyone can send her a happy little love e-mail, and tell her what we "Special Interest Groupies" feel about government invasion of privacy and their purposeful disregard for the Second Amendment.

From her website:

"Every e-mail I receive is read, and your opinions are carefully considered."

Hmmm....

Be my quest:

.: United States Senator Dianne Feinstein, California :: Contact Us :.
Thanks Rifleman. I looked at two pages on Feinstein's website, where it lists Important Issues and Current Issues, and it doesn't look like she has anything in there that's related to her agenda on the Second Amendment, but maybe she's being stealthy, like some of her anti-gun colleages.

I saw her on 60 Minutes not too long ago, and they definitely showed the typical media bias on the Second Amendment, which was anti-gun as usual. They also had somebody from the NRA who voiced his strong opinion on Obama, and his cabinet members, who are all with the anti-gun crowds. They also focused on the "issue" anti-gunners created regarding the ability of anyone going into a gun show in Virginia, and buying guns withtout going through the normal criminal background checks, and they tried to blame violent crimes on gun shows and not the drug cartels and other violent criminals, most of whom get guns from illegal black market sources. They also mentioned the Virginia Tech massacre in April of 2007, which was perpetrated by Seung-Hui Cho, an individual with a history of mental illness, and violent behavior, and whose name was not in the background check database. They didn't mention that when he purchased the weapons he used, and that he successfully passed the background checks, they only blamed the gun industry and gun shows for putting such "dangerous" or "assault weapons" out there, where Feinstein and other anti-gunners said on 60 Minutes that such weapons do not belong in the hands of the public. Wrong Ms. Feinstein, it doesn't matter how many guns you ban, and how many laws you put on the books, criminals will still get guns and they'll still break those laws, because that's what they're good at.

On a somewhat positive note, I also remember Feinstein saying on 60 Minutes that the gun control agenda is not on the list of her top priorities right now, citing their concern of what could happen if they start going gun control crazy, like they did in 1994, and what happened in November of that year. That also doesn't mean that we should sit still and not be vigilant with what's going on, because of the very anti-gun president and his cabinet.

Old 08-04-2009, 07:40 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,820,526 times
"Magnum Mike", that's funny. And ironic too I'd guess.

Old 08-04-2009, 09:05 PM

26,299 posts, read 49,235,459 times
Snopes tells us that this bill has ZERO co-sponsors. ZERO. The bill is going nowhere. DOA.

Bills like this get submitted all the time in order to please a certain crowd in the home district and little else. Thousands of bills die in committee each year because they are nothing but hollow gestures that have no chance of passage.
- Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.
- Thank you and enjoy City-Data.

Old 08-07-2009, 06:52 AM

820 posts, read 1,205,588 times
HR 45 is DOA.

The same gentleman introduced the same bill in 2007. Back then it attracted a pitful 16 co-sponsors in the 535 member House. No counterpart bill has ever been introduced in the Senate.

We are still winning.
www.saf.org
www.nra.com (http://www.nra.com - broken link)

Old 08-07-2009, 07:52 AM

78,848 posts, read 61,050,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike from back east View Post
Snopes tells us that this bill has ZERO co-sponsors. ZERO. The bill is going nowhere. DOA.

Bills like this get submitted all the time in order to please a certain crowd in the home district and little else. Thousands of bills die in committee each year because they are nothing but hollow gestures that have no chance of passage.
Yep. Excellent post.

Really people, get a grip. The guy is grandstanding for his constituency.

Heck, with all the congress members any one of them can PROPOSE bills like "We will only use electric cars" or "ban guns" or "legalize all drugs"

I would think that anyone that old enough to have gone through 8 years of Clinton and then 8 years of Bush would stop long enough to realize that nothing much changed on a number of key issues. What the 2 parties SAY is different but what they DO is very very similar. Issues like guns & abortion are merely fund raisers where they rattle peoples cages and they panic and start donating.

Now we have Obama and it's all panic time again. I'd buy the OP a beer or three and take him fishing to unwind...maybe we could shoot some guns too.

Old 08-07-2009, 07:55 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,132,887 times
Amazing how easily riled and paranoid some people can be.

Healthcare be durned, don't touch mah gun!

Old 08-07-2009, 08:35 AM

820 posts, read 1,205,588 times
The good news is: The Great Post Election Panic of '08 & '09 is almost over. Prices for EBR's are going down -- supply is going up. The same trend is developing for ammo -- a little slower & a little later -- but still clear.
The US remains a constitution republic with checks & balances in place.
The Second Amendment is secure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting