Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 10:12 AM

1,482 posts, read 3,131,145 times

Advertisements

And a lot of gun manufacturers are chuckling quietly to themselves as they count the money people threw at something that was not in danger of being outlawed....

During a recession.

Panic does not make the best logical choices in life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2009, 10:53 AM

4,395 posts, read 4,922,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjahedge View Post
Amazing how easily riled and paranoid some people can be.

Healthcare be durned, don't touch mah gun!
I've already been through one 'assault weapon' ban when I was planning on buying an AK-47 (which I still haven't done yet). So yes, I am a little on the cautious side when it comes to law makers introducing bills. This has been a wake-up call for me politically all around. I'm following the healthcare situation closely as well all other moves by the current administration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbear48 View Post
The good news is: The Great Post Election Panic of '08 & '09 is almost over. Prices for EBR's are going down -- supply is going up.
It's been 6 months and I'm still waiting on parts for my 6.8mm carbine.

Quote:
The same trend is developing for ammo -- a little slower & a little later -- but still clear.
I see that happening. My local Wal-Mart had one box of 9mm on the shelf the other day. It has been months since I have seen any.

Quote:
The Second Amendment is secure.
I'm still keeping my guard up.

Quote:
And a lot of gun manufacturers are chuckling quietly to themselves as they count the money people threw at something that was not in danger of being outlawed....

During a recession.
I consider it a stimulus plan done the correct way. The people voted with their money to support an industry. Every publicly traded gun manufacturer posted a profit except for Smith & Wesson.

-Robert

Old 08-07-2009, 10:58 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,539,383 times
Quote:
The good news is: The Great Post Election Panic of '08 & '09 is almost over. Prices for EBR's are going down -- supply is going up. The same trend is developing for ammo -- a little slower & a little later -- but still clear.
The US remains a constitution republic with checks & balances in place.
The Second Amendment is secure.

I have noticed a lot more EBRs on the shelves lately. Even some I've never seen on the shelf before (civilian SIG 55x models, if those count as EBR). Good stuff! Good sign!

Old 08-07-2009, 11:16 AM

820 posts, read 1,204,873 times
The VZ58's and Skorpians were not around for the last AWB.

www.czechpoint-usa.com

Old 08-07-2009, 12:06 PM

Robert, there are better things to spend money on than devices of destruction.

I would rather people buy a nail-gun, a table saw, or shingles than an AK or ammo for it.

When people get so paranoid about something happening that they are willing to go out and spend their money on something that would do squat against an Abrams, or think that somehow the US will descend into Anarchy that will require them to defend their land like some cheap sci-fi flik, then something is definitely wrong.

I am not going into the allowing or prohibition of whatever you want to buy, but the reasons that come up make very little sense. I have no problem with someone buying a rifle for hunting, but when they get a semi-auto with a horrible record for accuracy, then what's the point other than an infusion of combative testosterone.

So you are allowed to get what you want, but please look at the reasons you are doing so and realize that some of them MAY be ill applied.

Also realize that SOMETIMES, "'Cuz I want to" is a valid reason. Much more-so than the fallacious "I need to defend myself" bull poop.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:14 PM

820 posts, read 1,204,873 times
".... horrible record for accuracy , ..."

Really?

Old 08-07-2009, 02:39 PM

Yes.

Some assault rifles were not designed for long range firing. You want me to go online and get a list or are you just busting chops?

Old 08-07-2009, 02:41 PM

61,286 posts, read 87,563,006 times
no reason in the world to require this info on a fed tax return. the attempt to disarm the american public is relentless and well funded.
it does not emanate from concern for the public good. support NRA and state militias.

Old 08-07-2009, 02:54 PM

And the NRA does not give a hoot about what it professes to. It just wants to sell people guns.

Guys, BOTH sides need to can it on this, it is a bunch of bull and you all know it. If you want a gun, fine. Just quit it with this "defend America" bull. YOU want it, YOU get it. Don't start making up excuses about getting something that is entertaining and makes you feel stronger.

If you have to make up reasons other than wanting a gun to get a gun, then maybe you are feeling a little guilty about getting one. Can the excuses, face up to your fears and figure out what's what. THEN decide on what is best for you rather than the pro and anti gun lobbies.

Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,433,175 times
Quote:
Yes.

Some assault rifles were not designed for long range firing. You want me to go online and get a list or are you just busting chops?

No need to go online, tell us how inacurate they are in your personal experience.

In mine, though they are not tack drivers they are plenty acurate out to at least 100 yards for any practical use, from punching paper to popping bambi to defending yourself.

A better thing to ponder is why single out a class of gun thats virtually never used in crime. The rational for banning or restricting these guns are much more based on paranoia & sensationalism than are the reasons people buy them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Hobbies and Recreation > Guns and Hunting