U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2010, 10:32 AM

4,878 posts, read 7,598,516 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody...just curious what your opinions are are roots. When I color my hair, of course the roots go away, but I always feel like my hair looks kind of fake like that (no depth at the root level). So if I grow out the roots, it does look more natural, but my roots are dark compared to the color of my hair. although, in California, this is not an uncommon "look" to see.

Your thoughts?
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 06:01 AM

11,181 posts, read 10,252,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Hi everybody...just curious what your opinions are are roots. When I color my hair, of course the roots go away, but I always feel like my hair looks kind of fake like that (no depth at the root level). So if I grow out the roots, it does look more natural, but my roots are dark compared to the color of my hair. although, in California, this is not an uncommon "look" to see.

Your thoughts?
I think the 'new' fad of having dark roots and bleached hair is terrible and very unattractive. Have to admit that it saves a lot of money not having to get a touch-up.

It's all relative.

Old 10-17-2010, 12:17 PM

532 posts, read 1,065,443 times
It may be common where you live, but in my humble opinion it looks lazy and messy. I guess it's personal preference.

I read that men were polled on this particular grown out root look and the majority of them didn't care for the look at all.

Old 10-19-2010, 10:03 AM

889 posts, read 2,468,049 times
If you think you look good with roots, all the more to ya!
I don't like roots on myself and I don't think they look good on others.
Happy coloring to us all! -cityflair

Old 10-22-2010, 02:19 PM

862 posts, read 2,464,052 times
I think it looks casual and becoming when the roots are light-med brown and the hair is a darker natural blonde , but not baby or platinum blonde. My hair comes in silver and dk brown and I color it light golden brown/red so my roots are HIDEOUS!! I hate my roots! But someone like Sienna Miller looks good with roots. They add dimension for this type of look. Madonna tries this look and its not so good.

Like so many things in fashion and beauty, I can't pull it off but someone else can.

Old 11-02-2010, 02:35 PM

5,279 posts, read 14,182,237 times
I think roots shouldn't show....makes you look like the reverse of a skunk!

Old 11-05-2010, 01:05 PM

2,868 posts, read 8,892,169 times
Maybe you should just highlight your roots to BLEND them...and add more depth.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:23 PM

36 posts, read 47,416 times
Very dark roots on hair that is otherwise light looks awful and trashy.
But I agree with you that having it all very light right to the scalp looks nearly as bad. When mine gets dyed, my roots are actually a darker shade than the rest of my hair which ends up looking natural because it just looks like the rest of my hair has been lightened by the sun.

However, don't worry if it looks fake. Who cares? I mean, when you see someone with nail polish, you know that's not natural!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or