Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2011, 06:03 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,713,966 times

Advertisements

Yeh I use that stuff. I put back the orange bottle...AGAIN...lol. Check out the argan shampoo thread for what I tried instead.

Well...I do not have the option not to cut or not to heat dry. My hair is not the type that looks nice at all when it air drys and its not long enough yet to really wet set it. I have to watch for split end that travel up the hair. But maybe this argan line will change all that. HOPEFULLY.
Because it seems most with long hair just never cut it. My friend has fine hair all the way down to her butt and she can get away with never cutting it. So jealous! LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2011, 07:09 AM
npz

208 posts, read 323,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Well...I do not have the option not to cut or not to heat dry. My hair is not the type that looks nice at all when it air drys and its not long enough yet to really wet set it. I have to watch for split end that travel up the hair.
I understand where you are coming from. My hair looks much better if I blow dry it and then use a flat iron - super curly hair actually looks shiny, healthy and frizz free when straight. The minute I leave it to air dry, it feels like a disaster!!

Until a couple of weeks ago, I had long hair, midway down my back. My stylist suggested I try going short for the Summer, so now it is shoulder length. For me that is short!!

Because the temps are back into the 90's, I can't face a blowdryer all the time, so I am back to experimenting with air drying again. Something which is kind of working for me at the moment, is using a frizz fighting serum when my hair is super wet, straight out of the shower, and using more than I normally would (3 to 4 pumps). And then using either a leave in conditioner or a mousse, and again using much more than I normally would and basically using my fingers to work the product through my hair, but without trying to create any type of curl or style.

At first, when my hair is wet, it looks straight. As it drys, it is actually drying curly, but for the first time it has got defined curls and no frizz.

For me, I think my mistake was trying to "scrunch curls" or style my curls as the products tell you to do, and in so doing, creating a mess. Now I am not styling and putting product in as if I have straight hair....! and my hair seems to be styling itself. (a little!)

I am going to check out the argan oil stuff. Thanks for the tip! Keep us posted as to whether it works.

Old 05-26-2011, 09:03 AM

285 posts, read 868,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I just wondered if anyone elses hair like to be a pain.

I am in the process of growing it out and its seeming to be : grow three inches, take two off.

I know there are hair length growing tips on here. I am just having issue with finding the perfect shampoo for my naturally curly hair to keep it from drying out.

Cutting hair does not make it grow. Remember, hair grows from the scalp but breaks from the ends. So the trick to longer hair hair is to deep condition and protect the hair that you already have, and also to trim any dead or split ends that could work their way up.

I recommend the devacurl line for curly hair. They have a whole way of thinking with curly hair that includes using less harsh/drying cleansers, conditioning more, and taking care of your curls.

Long, curly hair is gorgeous...you will love it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care