Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:54 PM

11 posts, read 15,828 times

Advertisements

After I got out of the military, which was a mandatory 3 years after secondary school in the country I was raised, I swore I owuld never have short hair again. And I haven't. I keep it as long and wavy as my age and conditioner (lol!) will permit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2011, 09:59 PM

782 posts, read 1,109,007 times
As a child I had shirley temple ringlets..but my Mom kept my hair short because she didn't have time to care for it. I revolted in the 8th grade and refused to let her cut my hair ever again. I didn't realize how hard curly hair was to care for and while the style of the day was long and straight..my hair was a raging mane of Janis Joplin frizz. I had to roll it every nite and sleep on rollers. There weren't fancy dryers back then or special de-frizzing products so if there was a hint of humidity or I was somewhere that used swamp coolers my hair would literally rise and fill out like a cake baking in the oven...it was hilarious but I was very sensitive and the kids at school made horrible fun of me...the longer it got tho the easier it was to manage and I wore a pony or a bun much of the time till the 80's. When the babies started coming my hair grew like a weed and lost alot of it's curl...this was a blessing. Cut it very short again for military basic training (abt 1 inch) But when was it grew out the curls came back ... but by then I knew what I had and could appreciate it. Have kept it below my shoulders for the weight..sometime bangs sometimes not..but NEVER layers!! I have a lot of hair but it is very fine so when it curls it can be beautiful. I have had people ask to touch my hair because of the curls but with todays dryers and products I can straighten it or leave it curly with no problem or frizz...I'm 54 now and it is in the middle of my back..graying and if my Dads hair is a clue it will be silver. Thinking about that one now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care