Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 05:43 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
Unless things has changed, kids in high school with died jet black hair looked Kinda silly.

Ironically, I had natural jet black hair in high school and every stoner and gothic kid wanted to know what I was using lol Those were the days. Unfortunately, guys in my family have super jet black hair but it turns gray/white at an early age...got my first gray hair in high school i'm in my 30's now and it's peppered pretty good. And I have no plans on dying it!
All of the women in my family started getting their first greys before they were 20. I dont know about the men.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2011, 07:31 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,708,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
Roger that

Lately, I have been seeing a lot of "Indian" guys in the US with reddish hair. And I was like WTF....... and later I came to know there is this Indian hair dye manufactured in the old country which is sold to older men whose hair is getting white. So it gets reddish.

Needless to say, it looks scary and awful.

My father died at 52 and not one white hair. My mother's 54 now and she has justa few white hairs, so good manes run in the family. So I feel sorry for the white/gray haired dudes
Its probably henna. I am just guessing as thats where it was originally used. But the henna is red and you have to layer a indigo over it to make it dark brown. The indigo fades out but the red really doesn't. But when you see those really old photos and movies where men from that area have deeply dark beards etc its from the henna/indigo combo.

Old 08-02-2011, 07:59 AM

18 posts, read 43,339 times
Go ahead and do it! Weird is other people's opinion, if you want to do it to make you feel good and look good, go for it!

Old 08-02-2011, 09:59 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,263,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annika08 View Post
All of the women in my family started getting their first greys before they were 20. I dont know about the men.
Interesting.

Ya, I found my first gray hair...actually white when I 19yrs old. One thing is for sure, I don't have to worry about being bald. The men in my family have THICK hair as well.

Old 08-25-2011, 08:35 PM

2,094 posts, read 3,653,060 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonymanero View Post
I want to go from medium brown to jet black?

That depends -what do you look like? How old are you? How would you describe your personal style?

Old 08-25-2011, 08:55 PM

615 posts, read 1,675,674 times
Quote:
It depends on your complexion and if it's done properly. Personally, if you don't have to; don't! High maintenance!!

I use to dye my hair and/or get high lights and I stopped because it was too much work having to get it touched up once the roots started to grow out. My hair grows like WEEDS!!!

Old 08-25-2011, 09:15 PM

21,530 posts, read 8,716,437 times
My first husband, who was 20 years older than I, used to dye his hair to keep his natural dark brown color. That didn't bother me at all. He looked younger and more attractive with brown hair. However I agree with the posters who say that unless you're a rock star, the dye job should look natural. Nothing's worse than fake-looking dyed hair on a man, especially men whose hair is unnaturally dark or too red.

I think that men should be able to use any available technology to look as good as they can, just as women have always done. But please, excessive vanity and hours of daily maintenance is not attractive in either gender.

Old 08-26-2011, 06:42 PM

3,633 posts, read 5,353,667 times
Quote:
my POV: nope, not weird at all
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care