Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 07:27 AM

3,219 posts, read 7,079,457 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I saw this magazine at the store called Short Hair and looked through it and there were so many pretty girls who did not look like lesbians who had short or mid length hair that was twice as pretty as the Marcia Brady long straight hair the fashion gods tell most women to have today.

Funny thing is there is a whole magazine to promote shorter hair for women but I rarely see any real women walking down the street in anything but really long straight hair. That is the troubling question!
LMFAO! Why is this...troubling you so much? Why do you care how girls half your age wear their hair?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 08:29 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
I saw this magazine at the store called Short Hair and looked through it and there were so many pretty girls who did not look like lesbians who had short or mid length hair that was twice as pretty as the Marcia Brady long straight hair the fashion gods tell most women to have today.
OMG!! How did I miss this gem. NONE of the women today have even the slightest thought of a "Marcia Brady" or anything like her. NO ONE has their hair even remotely styled like hers. Marica Brady, Laura Ingle, or whatever other old non styled frumpy non attractive long hair person you can think of. NO ONE looks like that, and no one wants to look like that. Today its all about the long curlynes of your Kim Kardashian or Sophia Vergara types.

Old 10-24-2011, 08:38 AM

41,948 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by deerislesmile View Post
And I am left to wonder if the OP is also bothered by the fact that nearly every MAN these days has short hair. I mean, some men would look so much better with mid-length or long hair, right? So why do most cut it so short? Are they trying to look like all of the other men?
Oooooh. I like guys with long hair. As a matter of fact, one of the reasons I cut my long hair in the first place was after meeting guys with long hair that looked better than my long hair did. I just couldn't take the competition, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ataraxia View Post
you generally won't see a wal-mart within twenty or thirty miles of a major city, though, regardless of what state you're in.
There's one in downtown Philadelphia ...

Old 10-24-2011, 08:51 AM

25,901 posts, read 42,682,985 times
Lao, you've said twice now that Kim Kardashian has curly hair. She does not. At most you could call it tousled or wavy, but the waves don't even go all the way up. That's just done with hot rollers or a curling iron. My hair does exactly that if I put it up in a loose bun when it's wet and take it down at the end of the day.

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman is what long curly hair looks like.

As for "NO ONE looks like that"--yeah, they do. Beyonce frequenty wears her hair long and stick straight. So do your girls Kim and Sofia.

Straight Hair Goddesses: LA to London «

Sofia Vergara Long Straight Cut - Sofia Vergara Hair - StyleBistro

Old 10-24-2011, 09:04 AM

19,012 posts, read 29,708,171 times
I've got to check out Kim K's hair. It's miles away from my point of interest

Old 10-24-2011, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJulia View Post
Lao, you've said twice now that Kim Kardashian has curly hair. She does not. At most you could call it tousled or wavy, but the waves don't even go all the way up. That's just done with hot rollers or a curling iron. My hair does exactly that if I put it up in a loose bun when it's wet and take it down at the end of the day.

Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman is what long curly hair looks like.

As for "NO ONE looks like that"--yeah, they do. Beyonce frequenty wears her hair long and stick straight. So do your girls Kim and Sofia.

Straight Hair Goddesses: LA to London «

Sofia Vergara Long Straight Cut - Sofia Vergara Hair - StyleBistro
Well, I call it curly. Most guys I know as well would define it as "Long curly hair". I dont remember what Julia Roberts' hair looked like in Pretty Woman but when I think of curly hair, I think of Gena Davis' hair in Scarface.

Your link of Sophia Vergara, take a look at slide 11 of 14. THAT is what I call curly hair and is very similar to the style worn by most young girls now days.

As for Kim, this is what I call curly (guess its wavy as well) but is the MOST POPULAR STYLE of hair you see which is VERY VERY VERY ATTRACTIVE - http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.ne...148787_030.jpg
This is typical of what you see of women just walking through the mall or hanging in Starbucks. Also, what Mrs. Lao tends to wear all the time.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,320,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well, I call it curly. Most guys I know as well would define it as "Long curly hair". I dont remember what Julia Roberts' hair looked like in Pretty Woman but when I think of curly hair, I think of Gena Davis' hair in Scarface.

Your link of Sophia Vergara, take a look at slide 11 of 14. THAT is what I call curly hair and is very similar to the style worn by most young girls now days.

As for Kim, this is what I call curly (guess its wavy as well) but is the MOST POPULAR STYLE of hair you see which is VERY VERY VERY ATTRACTIVE - http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.ne...148787_030.jpg
This is typical of what you see of women just walking through the mall or hanging in Starbucks. Also, what Mrs. Lao tends to wear all the time.
That hairstyle is a little bland looking now, it's just curly and goes straight down. I don't really care for that long hair extension look.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
That hairstyle is a little bland looking now, it's just curly and goes straight down. I don't really care for that long hair extension look.
Thats cool. I love it. Put that hair on an otherwise homely looking chick and she moves up several notches on the "hotness" scale. Plus, I think MOST young gals love this look as well because it is SOOOOOOO popular. May be just popular where I live because sooooo many women want to break into acting, modeling, showbusiness, etc. so they think they have to look as beautiful and sexy as possible to increase their chances, thus the decision to go with this style of hair.

Mrs. Lao wears her hair like this because 1) she loves it.; 2) I love it. 3) Her photos look AMAZING, and 4) it allows for lots of fashion looks for her ballroom/belldynce performances.

Old 10-24-2011, 12:59 PM

5,874 posts, read 10,522,865 times
My hair looks very similar to that KimK photos you are showing: brunette, long, wavy from the half down. And i dont like it!! I wish, i just wish i had STRAIGHT hair. I go to the hairdresser and straight my hear once in a while but i wish i had it straight everyday!

Old 10-24-2011, 02:14 PM

7,796 posts, read 16,395,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post

Ugh...I think Kim K is beautiful and I love her hair (extensions and all), but I despise that "ringlet" look. It's too beauty queen-manufactured looking. It reminds me of all those 5 year olds in beauty pageants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care