Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2011, 04:20 PM

885 posts, read 1,517,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Mrs. Lao wears her hair like this because 1) she loves it.; 2) I love it. 3) Her photos look AMAZING, and 4) it allows for lots of fashion looks for her ballroom/belldynce performances.
I'm glad you love your wife's style and I'll bet she's an amazing, beautiful woman! One-of-a-kind, even - so the rest of us will be somewhat different
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2011, 06:46 PM

541 posts, read 859,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kshe95girl View Post
This question begs asking.........OP, why do you care?
Agreed! Live and let live and get a life, lol!

Old 10-24-2011, 06:59 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,359,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SophieLL View Post
My hair looks very similar to that KimK photos you are showing: brunette, long, wavy from the half down. And i dont like it!! I wish, i just wish i had STRAIGHT hair. I go to the hairdresser and straight my hear once in a while but i wish i had it straight everyday!
Yep, I've never liked having hair that's only wavy from halfway down... like a grown out perm. Funny that Kim K. rocks it purposely.

Old 10-24-2011, 10:47 PM

14,771 posts, read 17,061,515 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Well, I call it curly. Most guys I know as well would define it as "Long curly hair". I dont remember what Julia Roberts' hair looked like in Pretty Woman but when I think of curly hair, I think of Gena Davis' hair in Scarface.

Your link of Sophia Vergara, take a look at slide 11 of 14. THAT is what I call curly hair and is very similar to the style worn by most young girls now days.

As for Kim, this is what I call curly (guess its wavy as well) but is the MOST POPULAR STYLE of hair you see which is VERY VERY VERY ATTRACTIVE - http://www-hollywoodlife-com.vimg.ne...148787_030.jpg
This is typical of what you see of women just walking through the mall or hanging in Starbucks. Also, what Mrs. Lao tends to wear all the time.
that is wavy hair. Not curly

Old 10-24-2011, 10:56 PM

27 posts, read 62,594 times
" NONE of the women today have even the slightest thought of a "Marcia Brady" or anything like her. NO ONE has their hair even remotely styled like hers. Marica Brady, Laura Ingle, or whatever other old non styled frumpy non attractive long hair person you can think of. NO ONE looks like that, and no one wants to look like that."

Can't imagine why not. It was beautiful back then, and it is beautiful now. When I was a kid...

Old 10-25-2011, 09:09 AM

24,606 posts, read 55,862,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Workaholic? View Post
Sure Long straight hair looks nice on many young women but does EVERYONE in High School and College have to have it that way.?SOME women would look even better in a bob or pixie, or letting their naturally curly hair be curly. But the fashion gods for girls 14-30 years old say you have to have very long straight hair to be considered pretty. That is what I am against.

When I was young, the girls wore their hair in a variety of lengths and some looked better in short hair and some in long hair, some curly, some straight and lots of my girl Friends had a great time cutting their hair off just for a change. Now if a 18 year old girl cut her hair short they would call her a lesbian. Crazy!
I think short hair can actually look BETTER on some women. I think women with long faces are one example. Look at a lot of the models and celebrities from the 60s when short hair was in. Twiggy, Edie Sedgewick, Mia Farrow, Brenda Vaccaro...and more recently I thought Winona Ryder still looked really attractive with short hair. Ditto on alot of black women. Pam Greer looked great (and funky) sporting the Afro that God gave her. I actually don't think long hair would have made any of these women look any more beautiful than they are. Short hair is just associated with being butch or masculine. Btw I wonder if this is a reason why many older ladies wear their hair the way they do. Women in their 60s have styles popular in the 60s, while women in their 80s have styles popular in the 50s. After a certain age most people's fashion short of freezes.

It's simply fashion, of course...I think totally straight hair isn't as prevalent as it was in the late 90s and early 00s which I think is a good thing, as I like wavy styles on a lady.

Either way, I don't really give a damn how a woman wears her hair. Long, short, bald, mullet, mohawk . If she's got a pretty face and a great personality, I'm not going to turn her down because of her hair.

Last edited by Trimac20; 10-25-2011 at 09:58 AM..

Old 10-25-2011, 09:53 AM

2,488 posts, read 4,313,275 times
I like women's hairstyles from the 1940s. 1950s were decent too but a lot of women had short but stiff hairstyles.

An example: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...5THCj_7W6F_s5-

Another one: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ZSBssD-r20iP_w

Old 10-25-2011, 10:24 AM

12,974 posts, read 33,874,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
that is wavy hair. Not curly
Oh. I like me some wavy hair then.

That kinda of hair works wonders for women. Like Nicole Scherzinger's hair. WOW. Even though she has stylists who change it all the time, the "normal" wavy/curly look of her Pussycat Doll days is just to die for.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:03 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,421,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 90sman View Post
I like women's hairstyles from the 1940s. 1950s were decent too but a lot of women had short but stiff hairstyles.

An example: http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...5THCj_7W6F_s5-

Another one: http://t2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:A...ZSBssD-r20iP_w
That first style is the middy cut. Nearly every starlet of the 30's/40's had that cut as it may be styled many ways. I've got a modified middy right now. I got inspired when Elizabeth Taylor died and there was so much coverage of her. A lot of the women had to sleep on curlers every night to get that look, I call mine modified because it's less neat and precise as I go with my natural wave/curl.

Old 10-25-2011, 11:26 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,830,429 times
I used to have hair down to my waist. When I told my old hair stylist to cut it off she straight up argued with me. We eventually agreed to a shoulder length bob. I switched stylists and found someone willing to do away with it, and now I have very short hair- it's basically a boy's style.

I told the new stylist that when I said "I won't do anything with it" that I MEANT it...don't tell me, "oh, you just blow dry it and put in some product and run your fingers through it, it only takes a minute..." It won't get done, so I needed a style that required no work from me. She's the only stylist I've gone to who really listened and gave me what I wanted instead of what I was supposed to want. Even though she massively overcharges, I'll follow her for life.

I'll never have long hair again....just getting out of the shower and feelings all those strands clinging to me *shudders*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care