U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 04:07 PM

59 posts, read 147,702 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I have naturally curly, long hair and the older I get, the harder it is to keep it looking healthy and shiny. It looks very dry and frizzy and I really don't want that.

Any suggestions would be so appreciated! I've been using the different Aveda products but it still isn't working....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2011, 07:42 PM

699 posts, read 2,000,047 times
i've found that my curly (and colored) hair doesn't really like sulfate based shampoos.
my hair doesn't like to be shampooed more than 2 days a week.

i've been using sally's moroccan oil line, 'the one and only'. i've tried the shampoo,
conditioner, curl up cream, and the spray shine.

so far, so good.

i haven't tried the no poo method or wen / hair one.

try reading naturally curly dot com. it's a wealth of information.

Old 12-19-2011, 07:04 AM

4,267 posts, read 5,548,298 times
I second the recommendation to steer clear of sulfate based shampoos. Like the pp, I shampoo twice a week. On the off days I still shower but use conditioner only. I did the no poo thing for almost a year and it worked well but ultimately went back to shampoo/conditioner. I like the Avalon Organics brand. If I need a little extra moisture or "product" I use a tiny amount of jojoba oil.

Old 12-19-2011, 03:16 PM

59 posts, read 147,702 times
Thank you so much for your help. I will try this!

Old 06-16-2016, 08:42 AM

1 posts, read 669 times
Default What is the best shampoo and conditioner for dry hair? (colored, product)

I’d recommend the shampoo of Pro Naturals

Old 06-16-2016, 10:12 AM

4,374 posts, read 10,086,576 times
I shampoo less frequently, that has really helped my hair.

I haven't found shampoo to make much of a difference in my hair. Conditioner seems to be far more important. The only conditioners that help are leave in conditioners. I use V05 Salon Series Simply Stunning Leave in Conditioner. Then I let my hair air-dry. So far, this is the only conditioner that has made a difference in my hair. It's the only one that doesn't leave my hair greasy or weigh it down.

Old 06-16-2016, 12:26 PM

780 posts, read 557,783 times
My sister-in-law's hair looked a bit brittle/damaged before and she started using the Macadamia s & c and since then, her hair looked great.

I bought the set myself and I found it too oily. I don't have dry hair, so I guess it became excessive for me.

I think it's a good product.

I also don't wash my hair every day. I do it every other day and if I can get away with it, I wash it on the third day.

Old 06-18-2016, 08:49 AM

521 posts, read 197,176 times
try keratherapy or nashi products

Old 06-18-2016, 04:27 PM

27,356 posts, read 17,734,498 times
I thought that sulfates had pretty much been taken out of shampoo. I know major brands advertise this.

I had to try different brands before settling on the Giovanni line which I buy at Whole Foods. The conditioner I use works very well. My stylist recommended putting conditioner on just the ends, and that is now what I do.

Another thing I did is to set my blow dryer on cool for when I blow dry. That has helped more than anything.

Old 07-03-2016, 08:08 PM

215 posts, read 913,223 times
I like the Doterra shampoo & conditioner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or