Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-01-2012, 09:10 PM

2,410 posts, read 5,818,815 times

Advertisements

I'd like to try the "demi" permanent hair color that washes out in about a month. How can I keep the color from staining my scalp and around the edges of my hairline? I've only used the temporary color that washes out in a week, and I didn't need anything for my scalp. Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 07:31 PM

2,178 posts, read 2,315,927 times
The only semi/demi permanent color that I've found that doesn't stain my skin is Herbashine.

Old 06-02-2012, 08:00 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,722,089 times
I've use the natural instincts and nice and easy versions of clairol and didn't have any problems with it staining the skin around my hairline and neck. So far it's only faded a little and it's been almost 3 weeks (it's supposed to last around 28 days depending on how often you shower).

I know a lot of people recommend using vaseline to line where your skin meets your hairline to prevent staining. You might also consider purchasing one of those hair color remover wipes that they sell individually (I've seen them at Sally's).

I color my hair a lot and the best way I've found it to wipe the color off your skin as soon as it makes unwanted contact. After rinsing away the color and washing my hair the next day or so the unwanted stains rarely stay after a good washcloth scrubbing

Old 06-03-2012, 09:21 AM

2,410 posts, read 5,818,815 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by negativenancy View Post
I've use the natural instincts and nice and easy versions of clairol and didn't have any problems with it staining the skin around my hairline and neck. So far it's only faded a little and it's been almost 3 weeks (it's supposed to last around 28 days depending on how often you shower).

I know a lot of people recommend using vaseline to line where your skin meets your hairline to prevent staining. You might also consider purchasing one of those hair color remover wipes that they sell individually (I've seen them at Sally's).

I color my hair a lot and the best way I've found it to wipe the color off your skin as soon as it makes unwanted contact. After rinsing away the color and washing my hair the next day or so the unwanted stains rarely stay after a good washcloth scrubbing
Thanks! How do you deal with staining on the scalp itself? Does this wash away?

Old 06-03-2012, 09:23 AM

2,203 posts, read 5,083,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xz2y View Post
Thanks! How do you deal with staining on the scalp itself? Does this wash away?
That should wash away after shampooing the next day.

Old 06-03-2012, 01:56 PM

1,406 posts, read 2,722,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC~Mom View Post
That should wash away after shampooing the next day.
I agree! It really should wash away after shampooing...just give your scalp a good scrub/massage

Old 06-03-2012, 03:33 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,599,914 times
Years ago when a lot more people smoked, my stylist would take a pinch of cigarette ashes mixed with a few drops of facial cleanser and use that to scrub out any dye stains around my hairline. He said the tiny bit of grit from the ashes did a better job than just cleanser alone. I imagine a little baking soda would work the same way.

Old 06-03-2012, 08:51 PM

2,976 posts, read 13,371,721 times
Use vaseline to protect the skin - it's inexpensive and works.

Old 06-05-2012, 02:23 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,990,921 times
I use Natural Instincts.....so far, it's NEVER stained my skin or scalp at all...although, I'm using a pretty light color. If it does get on your scalp, it will wash off with your 1st shampoo. Just wipe any excess off your facial skin!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care