Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2012, 08:39 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times

Advertisements

Anyone else have this problem? I have a chin length bob. My hair is very curly and thick and requires a "blunt cut," i.e., NO texturizing, only a simple scissor cut with no thinning shears.

So, the first time I go to a stylist, I explain what I want and usually get it--layered, blunt-cut chin length bob--very nice. The second cut, however, is not quite as good. And the third cut is usually AWFUL. No matter what I say, they texturize it, at least in some places on top and leave me with a frizzy mess. The last cut I had makes it look like they sat a bowl on my head and cut a thick layer that length. I was shocked because this same stylist had at first given me a wonderful cut.

I've tried explaining what I want and then don't chit chat at all with them (so they'll pay attention to what they are doing). Nothing seems to work, so here I am again letting layers grow out so I can try another stylist. This wasn't the case in the distant past. I often kept the same stylist for years. But these new ones seem to have a short attention span.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2012, 01:41 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,203,740 times
I've had that happen too. Sometimes I wonder if the stylist is just off their game but other times I wonder if it's the growth pattern in my hair. Mine is naturally wavy and I especially notice this in the layers around my face and bangs....same cut but it's flipping this way instead of that way and I have to fight it to do what I want.

Old 09-28-2012, 05:16 PM

5,014 posts, read 6,601,408 times
There's a curl pattern in your hair as it grows from the root so that the ends can either being turning inward or outward when you get your hair cut. The same reason your hair can look great and three days later it's sproing-ing 38 ways from Sunday -- the curl pattern has turned it in a different direction. If I'm wearing my hair curly, I'll put it up in a twist or clip for about a week when it does this if it hasn't grown out enough for another haircut. By that point, the curl is usually heading back to a more acceptable position.

Old 09-29-2012, 06:43 AM

9,470 posts, read 9,370,428 times
Default Stylist Loses Interest in Doing a Good Job

Of course, the curls are a problem, but I'm getting BAD haircuts also, especially this last "bowl" cut. I really think the stylists either lose interest or don't pay attention to what they are doing. I tip well and am pleasant, so that shouldn't be the problem. Maybe they simply don't want to deal with difficult hair, although many are enthralled by all the curls. My hair is very curly, but soft, which apparently is unusual.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care