Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times

Advertisements

In general - I think people with darker skin and hair do age better - but I am sure their are blondes who have stayed out of the sun and look younger.

Dont deny yourself blonde men - if they are hairy the blonde hair kinda glows in the dark -
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-17-2013, 03:54 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
I think that natural blondes with fair skin tend to age faster if they don't take care of their skin or if they're out in the sun a lot.

On the flip side, a lot of aging and aging WELL depends on bone structure and whether or not a person is overweight, smokes, etc. Lots of blondes for whatever reason (Scandinavian genes perhaps?) tend to be tall and slim, which bodes well for aging generally speaking.

Here's my hottie husband, a natural blonde with blue eyes, at around age 50 (a few years ago). Yes, he has a few more wrinkles than me, but I would say he's aging VERY well!

Old 02-17-2013, 04:06 PM

271 posts, read 600,559 times
I am female and blonde, I think that darker haired people do age better. I think because blondes have a fairer skin tone too, I always avoided the sun but you can only do so much.

Old 02-18-2013, 01:47 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,501,943 times
Also - besides staying out of the sun - genetics have a big deal in it - if your Mom looks young for her age most likely you will too - unless your Mom was smoker or sun worshipper

Old 02-20-2013, 08:22 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I think that natural blondes with fair skin tend to age faster if they don't take care of their skin or if they're out in the sun a lot.

On the flip side, a lot of aging and aging WELL depends on bone structure and whether or not a person is overweight, smokes, etc. Lots of blondes for whatever reason (Scandinavian genes perhaps?) tend to be tall and slim, which bodes well for aging generally speaking.

Here's my hottie husband, a natural blonde with blue eyes, at around age 50 (a few years ago). Yes, he has a few more wrinkles than me, but I would say he's aging VERY well!

What is in the water round your parts? LOL Both of you have crazy thick hair. Its nice.

Your DH gets a pass. No saggity Robert Redford things going on. Not a smoker I am guessing?

Old 02-20-2013, 08:36 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,894,826 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
What is in the water round your parts? LOL Both of you have crazy thick hair. Its nice.

Your DH gets a pass. No saggity Robert Redford things going on. Not a smoker I am guessing?
LOL thank you! You know - we live in Texas so we've got to have the big hair thing going on just to fit in...

As for my DH - yes, he's aging well and I love him for it - I never thought I'd hear myself say this but at this point I'd hate to wake up and look at Robert Redford each morning!

Actually, though, my husband does smoke. Not heavily, but he does. I wish he'd stop!

Funny thing about aging - he thinks he is so wrinkly, and he's sort of jealous of my lack of wrinkles. Well, for starters, I'm five years younger than him so he's got a head start on me! But also, back to the fair vs brunette thing, I am a brunette with dark eyes and some olive to my complexion. I can definitely see a difference in the WAY we are aging. I have more of an issue with dark circles under my eyes but less of an issue with fine lines.

At age 51, I really don't have any significant wrinkles, but I DO have the beginnings of a saggy jaw, which I CANNOT STAND. I promise you - I PROMISE YOU - that if this continues (and I see no reason why it won't), I will get a chin tuck at age 55. I am already saving up money for it.

I will not go gentle into that good night!

Old 02-20-2013, 09:05 AM

5,139 posts, read 12,710,836 times
Quote:
LOL thank you! You know - we live in Texas so we've got to have the big hair thing going on just to fit in...

As for my DH - yes, he's aging well and I love him for it - I never thought I'd hear myself say this but at this point I'd hate to wake up and look at Robert Redford each morning!

Actually, though, my husband does smoke. Not heavily, but he does. I wish he'd stop!

Funny thing about aging - he thinks he is so wrinkly, and he's sort of jealous of my lack of wrinkles. Well, for starters, I'm five years younger than him so he's got a head start on me! But also, back to the fair vs brunette thing, I am a brunette with dark eyes and some olive to my complexion. I can definitely see a difference in the WAY we are aging. I have more of an issue with dark circles under my eyes but less of an issue with fine lines.

At age 51, I really don't have any significant wrinkles, but I DO have the beginnings of a saggy jaw, which I CANNOT STAND. I promise you - I PROMISE YOU - that if this continues (and I see no reason why it won't), I will get a chin tuck at age 55. I am already saving up money for it.

Tell him he is too blonde to smoke! And then show him robert redford before and afters.

Old 04-15-2013, 11:31 PM

910 posts, read 2,293,070 times
Quote:

Although I agree that generally speaking fair haired and skinned people age faster your hubby looked fine. But in any case, how one ages is not something that cannot be changed, and it doesn't require expensive plastic surgery or creams, it's a combination of being careful with some exposure, a bit of pampering but largely also good diet, large amounts of Vit. C are beneficial because it helps build collagen, also Vit. A, which has been called the skin vitamin, B-complex, D, and a lot of the known minerals but mainly zinc, copper and magnesium come to mind.

Men should also be encouraged to care better for their skins, the great majority just washes their face with soap and slaps some alcohol based after-shave, both things totally bad for anyone's skin. There is nothing wrong IMO with a man at least using a good moisturizer every day and even a light night cream. Exfoliating the skin is very important to maintain the "youth glow" and after 40 it becomes a must to do it about 2x/week.

And my best "secret" is doing facial exercises regularly, they WORK simply because the muscles of the face are the only ones who are attached to the skin, so I highly recommend them, in Europe this is a very common thing. Here's one of several you could try, do it every day and I bet you will see a difference in just a few weeks (and come back here to let us know!).

Faceworks Natural Facelift: Chin & Jaw Toner - lose your double chin and tone loose skin - YouTube

Old 04-16-2013, 11:36 AM

2,976 posts, read 13,372,728 times
The girl was a brainless twit - you do understand this? Right??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care