U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2013, 11:42 AM

1,601 posts, read 1,868,122 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I need suggestions for detanglers. My hair is extra curly and gets super tangled, very quickly. I'm trying to cut back a little on my spending, so I can't afford to be dropping $12-17 on a single hair product.

For me, Kinky Curly Knot Today works the absolute best. Is there an under $10 option that works well for anyone?

Thanks!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 PM

1,060 posts, read 2,213,520 times
I tried using store bought detanglers, but they usually left a tacky film on my hair or dried my hair out.

Now, I use just plain water or a mix of water and aloe vera juice (in a spray bottle).

Other people whom I have talked with/read about online say they use a mix of water, rose water, carrier oils, essential oils, glycerin, aloe vera juice/gel, etc.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:03 PM

1,831 posts, read 4,006,847 times
How about diluted conditioner with a little oil, in a spray bottle? Maybe you can start by diluting the Knot Today and adding castor, coconut or olive oil.

Old 02-06-2013, 12:49 AM

13 posts, read 50,709 times
I have thick, wavy not curly hair, but I've had great results with Mane 'n Tail. It's for horses, but it works great on my med-coarse texture and I've heard other people with otherwise unmanageable hair rave about it. The bottles are huge and low-priced and you can use the conditioner as either a rinse-out or leave-in product.

Besides that, Paul Mitchell Curls Full Circle Leave-In Treatment is around $10 for the smaller sized bottle and the curly-haired girls I know love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care