Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2015, 03:19 PM

68 posts, read 74,277 times

Advertisements

Accepting my hair has lead to the greatest improvement.

I did this by finally recognizing that my hair looks better mid-length. Ihave fine strands and a wavy texture that I always wanted to transform into a Giselle-likemane. I used to spend a great deal on supplements, vitamins, conditioners,scalp oils, etc but it still never looked good long. In fact the longer it got,the worse it started to look and the more problem with frizz I had! Not tomention the tangles!!

Letting go of the desire to have long, thick hair made mine look lusher, improvedmanageability and gave more shape to my waves (instead of a stringy look). I’malso saving more money by using a simple shampoo (John Master’s Organics Bare)and very few other products (an occasional hair mask/oil).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2015, 11:37 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,498,983 times
a good conditioner makes all the difference, but I find some high and low end ones that work well. Tresseme anti breakage conditioner is really good..and a huge bottle is under $5. I also love Paul Mitchell products which I am willing to splurge on. Joico makes a great deep conditioner.

Old 03-31-2015, 11:59 AM

910 posts, read 2,293,363 times
Count another one who stopped using sulfated shampoos, have used then on very rare occasions during the now 13 years since I switched to "co-washing", I know there are some mild and even conditioning shampoos out there but for me it's not necessary to use them on my head anymore since the right conditioners will do the job without stripping my colored hair (now double-processed so I could get the lightest ash blond there is). When I started my wavy and fine hair had color and heat damage but in a few weeks it looked completely healthy and it has withstood repeated colorings and/or bleachings with minimal damage, so I'd never go back and highly recommend it to anyone who's hair is looking dry, faded or lifeless.

Also, on several occasions when my hair seemed to have thinned out, the first time quite seriously, I got it to grow back by taking a silica supplement with MSM, works great also to grow hair faster.

Old 04-01-2015, 10:47 PM

356 posts, read 365,427 times
I have hair but it's thin on the top any vitamins I could take?

Old 04-04-2015, 08:18 AM

11,558 posts, read 12,052,616 times
I stopped having it cut at a salon because any stylist I've gone to (low cost to expensive) continue to leave 'chop lines' in my hair because my hair is very fine.

When I cut it myself, there are no chop lines and receive compliments.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:41 PM

20,763 posts, read 19,968,204 times
My hair was frizzy. Got the Brazilian Blowout in November and it is still soft and pretty. However, the ends are splitted even though I heard that treatment doesn't damage the hair.

Old 04-07-2015, 01:58 PM

12,169 posts, read 17,645,971 times
Naturally curly hair is more manageable from using sesame oil.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:38 AM

2,432 posts, read 2,691,193 times
My hair gets greasy by the 3rd day of not washing, I wash every 4 days now. Tried some dry shampoos but the best by far has been not your mothers, its really great and works so well.

my hair is thin/average thickness, pin straight and rather limp. Its also medium length. I went mostly all winter without using heat on it! Trying to prepare it for summer time haha.

Old 04-10-2015, 06:39 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,087 times
I bought a salon-quality blow-dryer. A Professional Super Lite Ionic Tourmaline Hair Dryer. Cost me about $160. WORTH. EVERY. PENNY!

You'll read in magazine articles or on weblogs that a professional blow-dryer can make a difference to the condition of your hair. Believe it! It's true! It won't transform your hair overnight, but over the course of a couple/few months? Oh, yeah.

(My hair is fine, stick-straight, and has ZERO texture. When it gets any kind of length to it -- close to or longer than shoulder-length -- it is dry, crunchy, fly-away, straw-like, dull, etc. I bought my blow dryer in December. Now it's April, and my hair is incredibly soft and silky.)

Old 04-14-2015, 05:33 PM

367 posts, read 415,265 times
Biotin supplements

Using aloe vera juice + water + oil as a daily moisturizer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care