Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 05:59 PM

10 posts, read 24,716 times

Advertisements

Hi everyone,

A lot of people go through stages of hair problems where all we have to do is a minor or major adjustment that turns everything around and brings us results. Where there’s a hair problem, there’s a solution. Please share with me an experience you had where you made one adjustment to bring positive results for your hair. If you can also mention your hair type plus the problem you had that’d be great. I look forward to reading everyone’s answers.

HeavenlyEssence
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2013, 06:04 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
My hair has always been hard to manage.
Also, because of the thickness, it does not feel that soft.
But after I would go to the salon, it would look and feel great.

So I finally ponied up the $$ to buy the Pureology shampoo and conditioner they use there. I don't color my hair, but that is what they use there.

OMG, what a difference!!!! Where has this stuff been all my life?!

Old 03-21-2013, 07:14 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,983,147 times
Vitamin b12 shots...
My hair stopped falling out and regained some moisture.

Old 03-22-2013, 02:45 PM

2,569 posts, read 7,743,642 times
Stopped washing with regular shampoo. I still use regular shampoo here and there but primarily use a sulfate free cleansing conditioner. Followed by MORE conditioner.

My hair is pretty heavily abused. I bleach it from light brown to a very pale blonde (almost platinum). Sometimes I leave it blonde, other time I use "funky" colors over the blonde (pink, blue).. but at any rate it is not treated gently. I don't do anything else to it (rarely use products, or heat) but it still suffers.

Switching to the cleansing conditioner has made a big difference. Less breakage, less frizz, much softer and tangle free without being weighed down.

Old 03-22-2013, 07:45 PM

48,529 posts, read 34,851,331 times
frizzy hair = brazilian blowout
And check this out: FAQ
Moderator: Relationships Forum / Hawaii Forum / Dogs / Pets / Current Events

Old 03-23-2013, 03:21 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Lifeless hair was the problem and the solution was to not apply any more heat than necessary, limit chemicals, especially any products with alcohol on my hair and stay hydrated.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:54 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,272,316 times
I don't use heat appliances except for very rare occasions!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:52 PM

301 posts, read 823,795 times
Henna - it has covered the grey, thickened my hair, and gave it more strength and texture. Plus, it doesn't wear, rub off, fade, or irritate my scalp like chemical hair dye did.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:40 AM

1,838 posts, read 2,976,312 times
I have curly hair which is prone to dryness & frizz, I finally decided to start experimenting with sulfate-free shampoo and it made a huge difference from the first day I used it. It cut the frizz down and my curls became more defined.

I'm trying to go heat free, its easy to do in Spring/Summer but I'm going to see how long I can keep it going as I'm sure not using heat would make my curls even better.

Old 03-01-2015, 09:06 AM

466 posts, read 581,632 times
Default What is the one thing you've done that has brought results for your hair?

I listened to my hairdresser and purchased Pro Naturals Hair Repair System. My hair was damaged, but this was caused by exposure to radiotherapy. It took a couple of months but now my hair is soft, very shiny, has no split ends even though I use a blow dryer (Ultralight Professional Ionic) and a styling tool (G3 Salon Pro hair styling iron) every 3 days or so. For me it isn't the one thing it is the combination of good products.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care