Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2014, 02:12 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,859,038 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thank you but I don't think it will because I will take the chemo once a week most likely for the rest of my life.

Now I am battling with it all falling out all over the place! I had surgery almost 5 months ago and the last 2months it has been falling out.

I do have new growth, so that is a good thing.

My hair is falling out right now too...some days I feel like it looks okay and other days I have to wear a hat or a bandanna to go out of the house. Walmart sells hair wraps in their jewelry department, which can be used as a hair band or to cover all your hair. They're less than $3 and come in lots of colors. I've been wearing them a lot lately and one thing I like is that I can adjust it to cover my whole head while I'm cooking. Otherwise I end up shedding hair in the food, even with my hair pulled back.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2014, 06:54 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
My hair is falling out right now too...some days I feel like it looks okay and other days I have to wear a hat or a bandanna to go out of the house. Walmart sells hair wraps in their jewelry department, which can be used as a hair band or to cover all your hair. They're less than $3 and come in lots of colors. I've been wearing them a lot lately and one thing I like is that I can adjust it to cover my whole head while I'm cooking. Otherwise I end up shedding hair in the food, even with my hair pulled back.
That's a good idea. At this point I don't wear anything to cover it when going out, but I do still have good/bad hair days. I am actually getting it cut again today. I've noticed a lot of new growth lately, so that is going to be a good thing...

Old 12-10-2014, 08:49 AM

50,339 posts, read 63,906,560 times
I too have had changes in my hair since chemo. I used to have thick wiry hair, but after I lost it, it grew back different... thinner and silkier, but still very normal. So I took aromatase inhibitors for 5 years, and when I experimented with a new one, I started getting thinning in the front. I told my doctor I was getting male pattern baldness. It is really too bad because I was also losing fat and felt great on it. I couldn't deal with the hair loss though.
Anyway, I am off all the meds now, but the hair I lost in front has not grown back. Shoot, there's always something, you know? I don't think it is noticeable to others, but it is to me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care