U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2017, 06:32 PM

15,658 posts, read 11,744,116 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainroosty View Post
"Leave-in" conditioner.....that's pretty dang gross! Better you than me....
Lol, I used to work with this girl who would complain about how brittle her hair was, and she would use regular conditioner in the shower and then not rinse it out and then come to work that way.

To answer the OP, I like Garnier Fructis "Sleek & Shine" Intensely Smooth Leave-In Conditioning Cream. I get it for around $5 at CVS. It smells really good, and it detangles well without being too heavy.

^^^That's not a spray mist, but I also use mists for detangling and scent. I have some from a woman who makes it and sells on etsy, but her shop has been down for quite a while. But I would look there. There are lots of sellers who make products like this, and you can get it custom-scented. I can't say for sure, but it seems like I paid around $9 a bottle for mine.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 08:57 AM

1,351 posts, read 1,577,894 times
I use Infusium and Paul Mitchell's leave-in conditioner. But really, I've found that just about any type of conditioner or lotion can be left in if it's diluted enough. Just experiment with what works for you. And it does not have to be expensive. My favorite leave in is Vaseline body lotion. Works really well as a leave in.

Old 08-14-2017, 10:23 AM

2,132 posts, read 1,264,767 times
If you're not sensitive to coconut:

Shea Moisture Hair Masque in:
Coconut-Hibiscus
Fruit Fusion
Superfruit 10-1

IF you are sensitive to coconut the only one I feel safe using is the Shea Butter. Nearly all other Shea Moisture products have some coconut in them. I can see why - my hair loves it, but it hates my scalp.

I put it on in the shower after cream rinse and rinse it mostly out. Gives me great hold and conditioning without weighing my hair down unduly. The coconut-containing versions worked on my hair better, but terrible consequences to my scalp preclude using them anymore. I also use it on wet hair as an overnight leave-in that I rinse out in the morning. I use a shower cap to contain it.

I have super fine 3c (pretty curly) hair. I used to use watered down infusium but that stopped working at some point - I assume they changed the formulation or my hair changed. This is working better for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or