U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 09:02 PM

6,493 posts, read 10,485,614 times

Advertisements

I'm looking for a leave-in conditioner that won't break my wallet. I love to use "healthy sexy hair" soy tri-wheat leave in conditioner, but at $17+ for 8.5 oz isn't economically feasible for me right now. I like it because it softens my hair so I can get a brush thru it, and it mists on when sprayed, and it doesn't weigh down my hair. I've tried a few drugstore brands, but the spray is heavy and concentrated, it doesn't "mist" for a light and even distribution, and is a bit heavy. I tried pouring the drugstore brand into the "healthy sexy hair" bottle, but it's still a heavy spray, so it's not the bottle.

Any recommendations for a conditioner that "mists" on, and isn't heavy? Something under $10 I can try? I need a leave-in to save me time in the morning.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 09:48 PM

1,347 posts, read 1,572,534 times
I like Infusium.

Old 06-09-2013, 07:23 PM

780 posts, read 1,150,980 times
I know you asked about a spray leave-in, but have you ever tried Giovanni cream leave-in?

It's super light and cheap (compared to salon brands)...approximately $8.00 for a bottle and it'll last forever. Just a touch does wonders for my hair. Look for it in health food stores, or the natural product section at Walmart with brands like Burt's Bees, etc. It's also available in some grocery stores.

Old 06-09-2013, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio Flyer View Post
I know you asked about a spray leave-in, but have you ever tried Giovanni cream leave-in?

It's super light and cheap (compared to salon brands)...approximately $8.00 for a bottle and it'll last forever. Just a touch does wonders for my hair. Look for it in health food stores, or the natural product section at Walmart with brands like Burt's Bees, etc. It's also available in some grocery stores.
I've never heard of a cream leave-in, but I'll try it! Thanks!

Old 06-10-2013, 09:53 AM

1,831 posts, read 4,006,662 times
Giovanni Direct leave-in is a lightweight lotion. If it is too heavy, you can dilute it with water and put it in a spray bottle.

Old 06-10-2013, 10:04 AM

5,143 posts, read 11,416,683 times
Is it just me or is leave in spray conditioner products getting harder and harder to find?

Some I tried :
Normal Tresemme Split Remedy Leave In Conditioner Spray Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

That was ok. You have to rinse out the spray head regualrly and comb it through. Too much and its gets crunchy. Three sprays cover me. (short or medium length) I can't use it every day. Was kinda disappointed.

https://www.aussie.com/en_US/hair-in...ditioner-spray

My favorite when I can find it...grrr on that

Reviva Labs Facial Spray Rosewater -- 8 fl oz - Vitacost

SUPER light. I would not say it works as a detangler but it does soften the hair.
I like to use it as a mid day refresher spray/conditioner to combat dry AC air.

Giovanni Cosmetics | Eco ChicĀ® Hair Care - Vitapro Fusion PROTECTIVE MOISTURE

Another giovanni product. Not the cheapest but its really nice and the spray is very good on it. At least it was on last purchase. Not heavy at all.

The cream I use:
Generic Value Products - GVP Smoothing Ultimate Styling Creme: Compare to Matrix Sleek Look

I always check out GVP products whenever I am looking for something that won't break the wallet.
One of the spray conditioners are used lightly and then I put this over the conditioning spray to help with frizz and control. It stays soft and movable but doesn't keep my naturally curly hair strait. Just stays wavy and not a frizz ball or dry. I rub it on my palms like lotion and swipe the top layer of hair and the ends.

Silk Elements - Silk Elements Megasilk Moisture Treatment 16 oz.
That stuff is fantastic. Its a rinse out but it leaves my hair so soft I can usually skip the leave in. They sell small packets so you don't have to commit to a big bottle before trying it.
I have naturally curly hair and it works great despite it being marketed for ethnic hair. The shine you get from this product without it being greasy is amazing.

Old 06-10-2013, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
Is it just me or is leave in spray conditioner products getting harder and harder to find?

Some I tried :
Normal Tresemme Split Remedy Leave In Conditioner Spray Ulta.com - Cosmetics, Fragrance, Salon and Beauty Gifts

That was ok. You have to rinse out the spray head regualrly and comb it through. Too much and its gets crunchy. Three sprays cover me. (short or medium length) I can't use it every day. Was kinda disappointed.
The Tresemme is one I tried and really hated. It's very heavy, and the spray in more of a direct stream and not a mist that'll pretty much cover most of your head in one pump, which is basically what I'm looking for. I did try diluting it, but I still got same heavy spray/stream.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:38 PM

780 posts, read 1,150,980 times
My problem is that I hate silicones. I always have, waaayyy before this "anti-silicone/anti-sulfate" trend.

My hair is fine, yet wavy. I like some definition, but not silicone slick and not mousse/gel crunch. The Giovanni leave-in does the trick for me. I bought it when I could no longer afford salon brands. 'Took a look at the ingredients and thought, "Why not?" Been using it ever since.

I'm not as wild about their other products though. 'Haven't tried the Protective Moisture mentioned above.

Old 06-10-2013, 06:45 PM

12,390 posts, read 21,983,283 times
Aussie has a spray leave-in conditioner, it's cheap enough that you might want to try it. I've used it and Infusium (but that's liquid in a bottle, spray-in is much easier and neater

Old 06-11-2013, 05:52 PM

So do any of these sprays actually spay out as a wide, light mist? The Tresemme and Aveeno ones I've tried (and still using, ugh) spray out a bit heavy and cover a narrow area, therefore, I have to spray several times on each side of my head, and the back. With the Healthy Sexy Hair brand, I only need to spray 3 times, once on each side, and the back, and it's a VERY LIGHT WIDE MIST. That's mainly what I'm looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or