U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-26-2013, 02:15 PM
 
Location: US
5,140 posts, read 11,884,982 times
Reputation: 5361

Advertisements

I just wouldn't dump of bunch of chemicals on perfectly healthy hair after getting through chemo. I think it is going gray in a good way. I would only maybe fill and shape the brows a bit with a taupe eyebrow powder or pencil. Maybe a bit of a soft blush for certain days if you looked washed out. On the rootline if you are going somewhere that you know is going to have a lot of photos taken (like a wedding or something) you can thicken the hairline by just adding some eyeshadow, or eyebrow powder to cut scalp sheen and blend in the greys at the rootline, since its mixed with a lot of brown still. It looks really natural and not fake. You don't need it everyday really, just for photos or fun.

Sometimes regrowth can come in white first and then go back to brown:
"When your new hair comes in, it may be different from your natural hair at first. This is due to the loss or change of pigment and may result in white, gray, or some color different than your natural hair color. As your body recovers and hair pigment rebounds, your hair may return to its original color, or a color close to your pre-chemo hair."
Hair Regrowth - Chemo Curls Care - Hair Regrowth

I think glasses with a tint of green would look nice on you. You know the kind of frames that are tortoise brown in the front and then the backside (against your face) has a slight tint of color that is really muted? Or even these:
http://s1.warbyparker.com/media/cata...-face-zoom.jpg

I love glasses..lol..I would have a whole collection to play with color if I was feeling color crazy.

Or even something like this:
http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-...e-tortoise.jpg
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-26-2013, 05:56 PM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 31,900,037 times
Reputation: 19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opsimathia View Post
I just wouldn't dump of bunch of chemicals on perfectly healthy hair after getting through chemo. I think it is going gray in a good way. I would only maybe fill and shape the brows a bit with a taupe eyebrow powder or pencil. Maybe a bit of a soft blush for certain days if you looked washed out. On the rootline if you are going somewhere that you know is going to have a lot of photos taken (like a wedding or something) you can thicken the hairline by just adding some eyeshadow, or eyebrow powder to cut scalp sheen and blend in the greys at the rootline, since its mixed with a lot of brown still. It looks really natural and not fake. You don't need it everyday really, just for photos or fun.

Sometimes regrowth can come in white first and then go back to brown:
"When your new hair comes in, it may be different from your natural hair at first. This is due to the loss or change of pigment and may result in white, gray, or some color different than your natural hair color. As your body recovers and hair pigment rebounds, your hair may return to its original color, or a color close to your pre-chemo hair."
Hair Regrowth - Chemo Curls Care - Hair Regrowth

I think glasses with a tint of green would look nice on you. You know the kind of frames that are tortoise brown in the front and then the backside (against your face) has a slight tint of color that is really muted? Or even these:
http://s1.warbyparker.com/media/cata...-face-zoom.jpg

I love glasses..lol..I would have a whole collection to play with color if I was feeling color crazy.

Or even something like this:
http://images2.opticsplanet.com/365-...e-tortoise.jpg
Thanks for all that info. As far as I know, I will be taking the chemotherapy drug for a while, on a weekly basis....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-26-2013, 06:08 PM
 
Location: State of Being
35,883 posts, read 71,348,951 times
Reputation: 22609
Your bits of silver just add some sparkle! SPARKLE ON!!!!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 03:19 AM
 
Location: Lexington, Kentucky
9,942 posts, read 5,511,166 times
Reputation: 18125
You look great~and not old at all~I wouldn't change a thing, if I were you!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 04:39 AM
 
Location: SF Bay Area
14,323 posts, read 20,837,589 times
Reputation: 18436
I think your hair looks fine just as it is. Don't color it, be yourself. You're an attractive woman.

I also think the eyeglasses are not the type that enhance your good looks. Rather, they don't seem to fit and work to lessen your natural attractiveness. Consider another pair. These type of plastic frames don't work for everyone. I believe others here have made some good suggestions, but the pair shouldn't be anything too radical IMO.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 05:59 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 31,900,037 times
Reputation: 19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Your bits of silver just add some sparkle! SPARKLE ON!!!!!
Thank you! I will! My little niece used to ask me why I put metallic highlights in my hair, I always lol'd about that one for sure!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 06:02 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 31,900,037 times
Reputation: 19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think your hair looks fine just as it is. Don't color it, be yourself. You're an attractive woman.

I also think the eyeglasses are not the type that enhance your good looks. Rather, they don't seem to fit and work to lessen your natural attractiveness. Consider another pair. These type of plastic frames don't work for everyone. I believe others here have made some good suggestions, but the pair shouldn't be anything too radical IMO.
Thanks. I used to have smaller eye glasses and those are pretty new. Maybe the next time I will get something different, but no time soon because of the cost....
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-27-2013, 06:03 AM
 
Location: NoVa
18,434 posts, read 31,900,037 times
Reputation: 19755
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
YOU wrote on another thread that 300 men a day see your nipples. Not too many "professions" where that would happen, so it was a natural assumption to believe that you are a stripper. Maybe a porn star instead?



I think you win the award for rudest poster on C-D. Congratulations.
Maybe they will start a contest for that on CD! Kind of like the most informative one. LOLOL
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2013, 12:23 PM
 
16,245 posts, read 34,800,940 times
Reputation: 21041
I love the silver streak! Just enough for contrast, definitely leave it alone! I am quite a bit older than you and finally had to start coloring my hair again, because my hair was just looking faded - no contrast, not gray enough, not flattering. But yours is just right. And with chemo happening you just don't need another thing like that to be concerned with. Nothing more beautiful than natural shiny healthy hair!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM
 
Location: On the corner of Grey Street
6,127 posts, read 9,321,590 times
Reputation: 11740
You have gorgeous hair! I'm so jealous of how thick it is! I kind of like the few silver streaks! If you're happy with it, I would leave it alone especially if you're taking chemo drugs right now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top