U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-02-2013, 12:53 PM

2,292 posts, read 3,019,732 times

Advertisements

Natures own highlights !! keep them just the way they are
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2013, 02:28 PM

18,434 posts, read 31,873,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
I love the silver streak! Just enough for contrast, definitely leave it alone! I am quite a bit older than you and finally had to start coloring my hair again, because my hair was just looking faded - no contrast, not gray enough, not flattering. But yours is just right. And with chemo happening you just don't need another thing like that to be concerned with. Nothing more beautiful than natural shiny healthy hair!
Thanks. I am leaving it alone for now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberrykiki View Post
You have gorgeous hair! I'm so jealous of how thick it is! I kind of like the few silver streaks! If you're happy with it, I would leave it alone especially if you're taking chemo drugs right now.
Thanks Strawberry!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan Alaska View Post
Natures own highlights !! keep them just the way they are
=)

I am keeping it the way it is. I normally do until the moment when I look at it and it makes me feel older than old. Then I get it colored.

I have had the color here since March, I guess, from e salon and have not used it. I am going to college in the fall and I may feel like doing it then.....maybe not..

When I was in college a few years ago I was the oldest one there and I will never forget when one of the girls told me she wasn't even born when I graduated high school!

Now I just laugh on it....

Old 07-06-2013, 03:47 PM

29,324 posts, read 20,028,075 times
I've noticed that when older women color their hair it never looks alive, you know? The ones who keep their silver or white often have lovely hair, especially if they don't perm it. In your case, I'd try to wear it natural, especially since you are giving your body a hard time with the chemo. In a year, you can revisit the issue. And then, you might feel differently.

I don't color my hair, and I am in my mid sixties. Right now it is a mix of blonde and white. Sometimes I like it better than other times.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:28 PM

13,497 posts, read 17,495,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thank you ladies.

It just make me wonder if people see it and think, OMG! She is letting herself go! When I actually choose to leave it that way.....
Believe me, it always looks better, especially in the long run. Mother nature will provide the transition from color to white beautifully..if she's given the chance.

Old 07-15-2013, 04:39 PM

4,239 posts, read 4,173,479 times
Looks very natural and HEALTHY.
You are blessed!!!
If u do color just touch up those roots,not your whole head
Of pretty hair.

Old 07-22-2013, 09:52 AM

1,830 posts, read 5,604,930 times
Pikantari, with your coloring, the silver-gray looks attractive. You can always color or highlight later if you choose to. Is that a tat on your shoulder? You don't sound or look the type to turn "matronly" so the silvery gray won't age you, IMO.

Old 07-22-2013, 11:34 AM

Thank you all!

Townandcountry, yes, that is a tattoo on my left arm. It goes a little onto my back and on my shoulder. There is a pic of it in my album, I think.

Old 07-22-2013, 01:48 PM

6,191 posts, read 16,861,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Townandcountrygal View Post
Pikantari, with your coloring, the silver-gray looks attractive. You can always color or highlight later if you choose to. Is that a tat on your shoulder? You don't sound or look the type to turn "matronly" so the silvery gray won't age you, IMO.
I agree with this and it's a state of mind.
I'm 55 and quit coloring last year; love my silvery hair! I also have a couple of (discreet and easily-hidden) tats and have been putting little feathered decorative hair extensions in my hair....

I think some people look "matronly" no matter what color hair they have, and Pikantari certainly doesn't look at all matronly to me!

Old 07-22-2013, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiroptera View Post
I agree with this and it's a state of mind.
I'm 55 and quit coloring last year; love my silvery hair! I also have a couple of (discreet and easily-hidden) tats and have been putting little feathered decorative hair extensions in my hair....

I think some people look "matronly" no matter what color hair they have, and Pikantari certainly doesn't look at all matronly to me!
Matronly. I thought that was a married person...... am I wrong?

Is it a mean old wench? LOLOL. If so, then you are right, I am not that.....

Old 07-22-2013, 03:18 PM

6,191 posts, read 16,861,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Matronly. I thought that was a married person...... am I wrong?

Is it a mean old wench? LOLOL. If so, then you are right, I am not that.....
Partially. According to Merriam Webster:

Quote:
a
Quote:
: a married woman usually marked by dignified maturity or social distinction
b : a woman who supervises women or children (as in a school or police station)
c : the chief officer in a women's organization
Matron - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care