Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 07:39 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times

Advertisements

It doesn't look bad at all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-22-2013, 07:45 AM

23,593 posts, read 37,462,837 times
You have children. Ergo you have some gray/silver hairs. You earned every one of them. Wear them proudly!

Old 06-22-2013, 08:42 AM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
Hah, I wonder where mine are from, since I don't have kids.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
Hah, I wonder where mine are from, since I don't have kids.
Sympathy graying, of course.

Old 06-22-2013, 10:16 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alinka View Post
I think you look great!

Your hair is so pretty and thick with no frizz. I see some reddish highlights, but no brass.

If I had your amount of grey- which I see as really none, I would not color.

Maybe if you really wanted to you could fool around with color enhancing shampoo or those kits that put in streaks or... I can't remember the name now, but the effect of dark to light ends. You might even want to invest next to nothing in one of those root touch up kits- I like Revlon's. Play up red or dark or gold or whatever you want to try...

But that would be just for fun- you really look wonderful just as you are.
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012 View Post
Pik, told ya!

Seriously, you look great. If I had the little amount of gray you have, I wouldn't color at all, I'd just leave it ... it's really pretty!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TabulaRasa View Post
It doesn't look bad at all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
You have children. Ergo you have some gray/silver hairs. You earned every one of them. Wear them proudly!
Thank you guys!! Too funny curmudgeon!!! I've had those greys longer than I've had my kids!!!! =)

Old 06-22-2013, 10:48 AM

803 posts, read 1,878,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Hello cders. I have posted about the changes in my hair as far as the texture and color, etc. I used to have a thin streak of silver I guess you would call it, and it wasn't so bad. I would color it then let it grow out, then color it once it made me start feeling 'old'.....

My SO doesn't mind it at all... he tells me it just makes me who I am... ( )

It seems to be getting more grey and I actually think those are the new growth hairs coming in. My hair falls out quite a bit from a chemo I have to take weekly but the good thing is that it does come back. I have many lengths of "new growth." It seems to come back in cycles.

When it does.....for the most part, it comes back silver.

I am adding my picture so you can tell me if it is terrible or not. I really don't care if it does not lend a youthful appearance, etc, I don't think I look terribly old, and I am almost 40, so its no big deal. I just want to know if it presents badly or not.

Thanks!

you are a pretty girl and no, those greys do not look terrible. it looks streaked. id say it gives you character. if for some reason you want to do something with your hair as far as color goes, i would suggest against dyeing your hair one solid color. greys would show alot more and quicker.

instead u can do thin blonde highlites and the grey will blend in, and you will have a broad range in the maintenance factor. u wouldnt have to dye your hair every 4 weeks.

you dont look almost 40. u look alot younger. u can also get manic panic in a color like ultra violet or atomic turquiose or whatever color u like and put some in your hair where the grey is. let it stay on for a while and use a hairdryer to stain it and set the color or wrap the hair in foil then hairdry. since the greys are minimal you would get a nice hint of color. have fun with it!

good luck!

Old 06-22-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pikantari View Post
Thank you guys!! Too funny curmudgeon!!! I've had those greys longer than I've had my kids!!!! =)
So obviously you were practicing.

Old 06-23-2013, 09:02 PM

335 posts, read 670,147 times
I say deff. color it and get a new hairstyle that is innnn. it will give you a instant make over and you will look a lot more up todate

Old 06-24-2013, 04:16 AM

10,049 posts, read 18,056,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
I say deff. color it and get a new hairstyle that is innnn. it will give you a instant make over and you will look a lot more up todate
Yes, by all means take appearance advice from someone who talks about "boob perfection" since 300 men see her boobs each night.

Old 06-24-2013, 07:31 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,345,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2O13 View Post
I don't care about that. I am almost forty years old and I don't shake my azz for a living and worry about what my nipples look like, but thank you for your opinion.

My hair is a longer length layered cut, I think that the way I have it pinned back is what you may be talking about and I wanted it to look like that.

I don't want a makeover. Thanks again.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care