U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2013, 12:55 AM

7,242 posts, read 10,142,070 times

Advertisements

Lookout for this.

Quote:
Hair goes grey when hydrogen peroxide builds up in the hair follicle, hampering the normal production of melanin, which gives colour to our skin, eyes and hair, the research says.

The PC-KUS removes the hydrogen peroxide build up from the follicle, reversing the greying process, researchers found.

Cure for grey hair on the way? | Toronto Star
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2013, 11:06 AM

21,174 posts, read 17,639,492 times
Well, at 59 years old, my hair is still barely grey but I wouldn't want a "cure" since today, it seems that many of the "cures" they come up with are worse than the condition they are trying to cure. Another issue would be that the skin lightens as you age and if the hair stays the same, the look will not be right. And, then you would still have the issue of the change of texture in the hair. So, I'll stick with what nature provides.

Old 08-31-2013, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post

Another issue would be that the skin lightens as you age and if the hair stays the same, the look will not be right.
Well I think this may vary by race.

Also many people who look young have grey hair. So the mismatch can happen the other way. So these young looking people with grey hair could use this product.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:04 PM

I found out about this product after stumbling on this video.

Scientists find a 'cure' for grey hair - YouTube

Old 08-31-2013, 08:08 PM

6,191 posts, read 16,875,992 times
"Cure" suggests relief from pain, disease or an unhealthy condition.

Gray hair is none of the above and does not need to be "cured."

Two years ago at age 53 I stopped coloring my hair. I'm completely silvery-gray now and love love love it. I am not kidding when I say I get more compliments on my hair than I did during the 30-plus years I spent coloring the damn stuff.

Old 08-31-2013, 08:23 PM

2,349 posts, read 4,965,208 times
Women look so much better when they color their grey hair.

Old 09-01-2013, 08:39 PM

5,893 posts, read 12,044,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plmokn View Post
Women look so much better when they color their grey hair.
I think many do, but not all. I currently color and highlight my hair but envy those women who look gorgeous with their beautiful silver hair. If it's an ugly, yellowish gray then I say go back to the bottle, but if you grow it out, and it looks good, don't waste your money at the salon. Spend it on something else you need or want.

Old 01-24-2015, 09:17 AM

466 posts, read 494,023 times
Default Grey Hair Cure

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Well, at 59 years old, my hair is still barely grey but I wouldn't want a "cure" since today, it seems that many of the "cures" they come up with are worse than the condition they are trying to cure. Another issue would be that the skin lightens as you age and if the hair stays the same, the look will not be right. And, then you would still have the issue of the change of texture in the hair. So, I'll stick with what nature provides.
I agree with you 100%. Mine is predominantly white with grey and a few strands of black and I have never dyed it. Thought you might be interested to read this - "What your hair tells you about your health" What your hair tells you about your health | Daily Mail Online I like in the UK and our press really goes to town on articles such are this. Hope you ladies enjoy it.

Last edited by Lin1313; 01-24-2015 at 09:18 AM.. Reason: correct the quote in the text

Old 01-24-2015, 10:04 AM

12,172 posts, read 16,524,292 times
I love my silver hair, it looks like I have natural highlights. I started playing with hair color at the age of 16, and I'm more than happy to put that monthly task to rest. My hair is a lot softer and manageable without using all of those chemicals found in hair coloring. A lot of older women don't use a hair color that compliments their skin tone, and end up sporting a cheap looking dye job. Don't get me started on the male newscasters using temporary hair dye that looks so fake on high definition TV.

Oh and what's up with the dark roots, that scream "I've run out of ways to look different?" That fad can't die fast enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care