Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-21-2014, 01:23 PM

249 posts, read 331,406 times

Advertisements

I've been pondering this for months. And just as long I've looked through YouTube vids. I found 2 vids that are helpful to the point where it's given me the courage to finally do this. I'm use to cutting my hair, but that's just bangs, layers and length. Although once in a blue moon I will have a hairstylist cut the length and just straight across, but never anything more than that. And before anyone suggests that I go to a hairstylist, *no*, I'm done w/ them. Pretty much 9 out of 10 times they just don't listen. And on top of that I have to hand over my hard earned money? Not anymore! I figured if anyone is going to ruin my hair it will be me

I'm wondering if there are any ladies here that have cut their own pixie? If yes, any pointers?

Here's a couple of pics of what I'm aiming for. With my current bangs can totally do the 1st pic. But I'd have to grow out my bangs to have sweeping bangs like the 2nd pic ... no biggie.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2014, 09:02 AM

466 posts, read 581,531 times
I only thin and trim between visits of mobile hairdresser. I love the 2nd one better.
Hopefully you have really first class hair cutting tools. My hairdresser insisted that I purchase a good quality set & recommended Saki Makoto Student Hairdressing Shears Set Student Hair Shears / Scissors | SakiShears.com because they will only be used by me otherwise she would have plumped for the mid-range shear sets, the ones that she uses in her own salon at her home.

Old 12-04-2014, 09:51 AM

19,711 posts, read 20,240,448 times
I used to wear my hair short like that back in the 90s, and cut it myself. As ^Lin said, a good set of shears + shaping tools can help significantly. My advice would be to start slow & cut gradually up. Don't just immediately chop to the length you desire. This will allow you plenty of time to work with your hair's natural flow as you shape and style it. Best of luck!

Old 12-04-2014, 02:15 PM

106 posts, read 140,966 times
I used to do this after too much vodka.

Old 12-04-2014, 02:22 PM

260 posts, read 428,071 times
I did my own pixie cut once... I loved it and never went back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care