Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2015, 02:14 AM

12 posts, read 159,435 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, so i am 31. Have very dark brown hair, 3-4 ish and at 19, I ended up ruining it, learned my lesson. Worked at Sallys so completed lots of beauty courses. Burnt most of it. Story short, ended up coloring it natural color and at 29 decided to start going light. It was all virgin down my waist. Long layers. Found a good stylist who is retired and does hair once a week.

He did highlights, after it was brown, he colored the roots lifting higher & higher, then I'd do my own roots to save money.

By an aurburn I had a big event and he against his will did crown highlights. Very few foils, and bangs. Corrected the dark/black on the bottom making them a level 8-9.

The whole time I deep conditioned with ceramide, protein, and a wen like conditioner cleanser my husband created with argan oil, grape seed oil, coconut oil, Julio oil, jojoba, vitamin E. Then with nutrilite vitamin C, I clarify my hair which is not synthetic or damaging once a week. I try to wash my hair once a week.

Finally, I had a beautiful aurburn with platinum & level 10 highlights. I'd condition once a week with coconut oil, and a mix hubby made with the mix of oils, for 2-3 oils, added anti brass drops to the web like cleanser, satinique shampoo, and I'd do the following:
(Hair is still down to my butt & pony tail as thick), 0 extensions.

1. Oil it up night before, all night.
2. Sleep on a silk pillowcase (went to a thrift shop and found a 100% silk set of pk's, cut it, put onto pillow.
3. Clean with wen like purple cleanser. Shimmer lights, joico, every shampoos de my hair straw hat like even if I ended up deep conditioning. Hair cannot tolerate it.
4. Purchased wella coarse hair treatment, after wen like cleanser, applied it.
5. Ceramide satinique miracle color treatment after the wella treatment. Applied all the oils again.
6. Rinsed it all with coldest oil available to me, installed an extra shower head for this.
7. If hair was brassy (I'm Venezuelan and brassiness loves my hair).
8. Grabbed hubby's old ripped up 100% cotton tshirt. It soaks the moisture but NOT mess up my hair cuticle.
9. Depending on the mood, I will apply argan oil, leave in treatment by satinique, straightening treatment to reduce heat used, protein (none synthetic). A little bit of heat protector. By now it's super moist and continue to allow air dry (sleep) with a tshirt, no silk, a towel under.
10. Upon waking up, hair is soft, untangled. Apply thermal spray protector.
11. I bought the red tourmaline flat iron. Place it at 350 degrees. The bottom half is healthier, so I will use more heat since nothing happens.
12. Will use 375 degrees of heat plus divide hair in six-seven parts. Applying heat protectant by satinique which is oil based. It helps the blonde stick out more.
13. Upon finishing, I will apply more 100% argan oil. The top soaks it in. From the root on.
14. Apply shine serum by satinique which also contains argan oil & isn't grrasy. I tried pureology, Kenra, and they all were greasy & got my hair dirty.
** on day 2 at night, I will apply dry shampoo only to the bottom roots (it is my grrasy section at night before bed). On day 4-5 upon feeling it, I will apply it to the top. It adds volume.
***Important! if hair is brittle, or lacks of elasticity, wash it ASAP and deep condition. It can be too dry from flat iron, bleach, etc.
****I changed now the purple drops to the conditioner, or wella treatment as it is less harsh on the porous portions of blonde hair. Specially the platinum areas.
**** the night I wash my hair from bleaching, applying a oil treatment (from the mix hubby made in the correct ratio's) will help the life of the hair go back. It is very harsh as hair salons as much as they want to help, tend to dry it out. Even if not touching anything but the roots, they will dry it out. The stylist uses only argan oil, protein instant treatment, and Kenra shine. Blowdryed it from the top. To maximize shine.

Hope it helps!!
Saidy
Moderator cut: advertising is against the TOS

Last edited by Count David; 02-02-2015 at 08:57 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care