Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2015, 07:57 PM

14,497 posts, read 9,426,304 times

Advertisements

Not a big fan of any kind of buzz cuts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2015, 04:56 PM

948 posts, read 3,355,167 times
Default I love this look

Honestly, I think the right guy can absolutely carry this off. It's so very sexy IF you have the personal style to carry this off. It's a sleek style so dress the part to help carry off the look. If you feel this is you, then go for it. Enjoy, experiment and have fun in life--it's too short to get caught up in not having fun. I think a lot of people regret not being adventuresome enough. I've never met anyone that ever complained they regret trying new things and taking risks--it's quite the opposite, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adult Education View Post
I am seeing more and more men with very short haircuts, where they buzz the sides and back of their head to a clipper one (basically no hair), while keeping the hair on top relatively long. This is especially popular with Hispanic and Asian men. What do you think of this haircut and would you do it yourself?

Here is an example of this trendy haircut:

Old 05-06-2015, 08:57 AM

17,533 posts, read 39,100,783 times
While they look OK on a select few like the model in the photo, I am not a fan of buzz cuts in general. I prefer nicely styled hair.

Old 05-12-2015, 06:58 AM

18,431 posts, read 34,343,435 times
I love this cut...

Old 05-12-2015, 07:22 AM

49,932 posts, read 59,894,485 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I think it is a dead giveaway that the guy is an airhead neanderthal with incredibly poor taste and absolutely no sense of style, class, or dignity.
Way to overreact.

There are a LOT of variations of this look, and like anything they don't look right on the wrong head.

One of my sons, who is 18 and more of a hipster, has this "hipster fade" look and it looks amazing on him. For the record, we live in a very conservative area and he is not the least bit neanderthal or thuggish. But he has great bone structure and a good hairline with this Kennedy-like thick, wavy hair.

My other 18-year-old who has a more receding hairline and softer face would not be able to carry off this look.

It's a hairstyle, and no more the sign of the downfall of the western world than the Beatles' mop top.

Old 05-12-2015, 10:24 AM

32,915 posts, read 36,310,068 times
Who would have thought that a military, white wall buzz would become fashionable? Not me.

Old 05-12-2015, 11:17 AM

19,743 posts, read 22,631,331 times
I've worn a 'high and tight' for at least 40+ years, even before I was in the Army. I simply HATE screwing around with hair. I go to a barber only- If there isn't a spinning pole outside and a row of men's tonic on the shelf with Clubman- I walk away. I've also had a short cropped beard for almost 20 years, since before they became 'trendy'.

Don't care what anyone thinks, don't care how you want your hair either. I like my hair close, my beard trimmed and my barber to know how to use a straight razor!

Old 11-20-2015, 11:55 AM

797 posts, read 1,748,525 times
I am not a fan for most men but on certain men it looks great. Chris Crocker, for example, is the first celeb I saw with that hair style and it looks so good on him. I also think he is young enough to pull it off. I cannot picture a 40-something year old man sporting this cut

Old 11-25-2015, 12:52 PM

948 posts, read 3,355,167 times
The harsh judgement is over the top and sad that others Consider themselves above others based solely on hair. Lighten up folks, have some fun. Ignore the haters as imo they have poles up their keisters.

I think the shortsides and longer tops look great and sexy on most. A fun style to try at least once. It's just hair people--the nasty judgement really says more about the person doing the judging and how miserable they really are.

Old 11-28-2015, 07:20 PM

2,575 posts, read 2,074,255 times
I don't see anything wrong with that hair style, I never have..

I don't really like the whole half buzzed/half long thing on girls, but hey..I give them props for being bold. I'm afraid to do anything to my hair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care