Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2016, 11:20 AM

12,062 posts, read 10,271,962 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Thank you and yes, I've graduated to blue shampoos. Wow, should I feel old? Because I don't.

My husband is not feeling this but honestly, he just needs to chill because I'm committed to the cause. I am SO curious about what it will look like once all the coloring is gone. Of course, it may look weird and I may just color it again but I'm pretty sure I'll just add lowlights if I add anything at all.
I stopped coloring my long hair. Slowly lightened it and it took a couple of years.

Then I started cutting it off. Went from halfway down my back to shoulder length then a bob and now just all gone - Jamie Lee Curtis length.

I love it. People tell me I look younger! The long hair, although kept cut, colored and styled, guess dragged my face downward.

I've been busy with life - caregiving for one - and this style is very handy.

But I can see going back to longer hair and coloring it a few years down the road. I like to change things up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2016, 11:22 AM

21,884 posts, read 12,964,704 times
I have a Great Clips coupon that expires tomorrow; sooooooooooooooo tempted (4' long greying hair).

Old 05-26-2016, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otterhere View Post
I have a Great Clips coupon that expires tomorrow; sooooooooooooooo tempted (4' long greying hair).
I first saw that as four inches, but NO - four FEET!

Cut it - it can always grow back.

Once my life gets back into a regular routine, I will grow mine back out - keep up with weekly blow out and other beauty routines.

I've even stopped wearing makeup!

Old 05-26-2016, 12:20 PM

It's getting absolutely ridiculous to keep up with; I can't even wash/comb it without it becoming one big snarl. It's longer than my arms can reach! Still it's hard somehow.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:32 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
It's getting absolutely ridiculous to keep up with; I can't even wash/comb it without it becoming one big snarl. It's longer than my arms can reach! Still it's hard somehow.
it would be hard! why not start with about 4 or 5 inches? that would help just in the chore of brushing it. like carrying a heavy purse, I can imagine getting sore arms just to maintain very long hair.

Old 05-26-2016, 12:37 PM

No; I want to save the entire braid (have two other super-long ones). Was hoping to wait till I retire just to make a whole new fresh start, but don't think I can stand it another year or so.

And before anyone suggests I donate it, they don't want "Silver Goddess" hair!

Old 05-26-2016, 01:04 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clemencia53 View Post
I stopped coloring my long hair. Slowly lightened it and it took a couple of years.

Then I started cutting it off. Went from halfway down my back to shoulder length then a bob and now just all gone - Jamie Lee Curtis length.

I love it. People tell me I look younger! The long hair, although kept cut, colored and styled, guess dragged my face downward.

I've been busy with life - caregiving for one - and this style is very handy.

But I can see going back to longer hair and coloring it a few years down the road. I like to change things up.
I love love love love love having short hair - SO EASY. Like you, mine is very short - above my ears and probably less than an inch long around the sides and back but longer on the top - about three inches long on top. Super easy!

It's fun to be a girl and have all these options, isn't it!

Old 05-26-2016, 01:42 PM

18,381 posts, read 19,018,265 times
Quote:
No; I want to save the entire braid (have two other super-long ones). Was hoping to wait till I retire just to make a whole new fresh start, but don't think I can stand it another year or so.

seriously no one wants silver hair donations? how sad I am sure there are woman who are dealing with illness that would love a wig of any color. wonder why they wouldn't take it and dye it or use it in a wig to make it look more natural.

Old 05-26-2016, 01:50 PM

They don't want -- or accept -- dyed, curled, straightened, or otherwise chemically processed hair at all. In fact, they throw out about a third of the donations they receive. Research before donating!

Old 05-26-2016, 03:10 PM

Quote:

Good to know. My older sister is growing out her gray hair to donate. She's never colored it
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care