Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2010, 08:06 PM

1 posts, read 1,460 times

Advertisements

How much would you say a haircut/color/style from venice beach would be?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 10:33 AM

15,128 posts, read 32,307,461 times
It all depends on who does it.

Old 06-14-2011, 05:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,184 times
in this business of beauty we have to do it more if we are profecionals

Old 06-15-2011, 04:11 PM

1,410 posts, read 2,138,652 times
I disagree that 'anyone' can apply color. I've had my hair majorly damaged by a beautician who didn't care how bad I looked. She overlapped the color from my roots and left me sitting with it on way too long, and then it turned white and broke off!

I remember a time when I could get a reasonably priced and properly done coloring and that included a trim and blow-out. Nowadays, those are usually charged separately.

I hate when haircuts are priced by gender. Say, "Men's Haircut: $10.00" "Women's Haircut: $15.00 & up".
First of all, what if the woman gets a really short butch cut. Why does she have to pay $5 or more extra for getting the same length because she has a vagina??
Another issue I have is the whole "& up" bit...like there are price minimums, but no price ceiling...the sky's the limit.

Old 08-24-2014, 07:50 AM

1 posts, read 820 times
As a stylist of over 25 years, I understand the "Time = money". I also know I can do an undo in 45 minutes, but I charge $ 90.00 because I hate doing them, and want to price myself out of business. I LOVE doing foils and would give them away, but I also have bills to pay. I've learned if you discount your prices, you get cheep clients who complain about everything. I say chuck your "Time / Money" theory out the window. If you want real quality to your service. Find a stylist whose been in the industry more than 10 years, and remember; you get what you pay for!

Old 05-25-2017, 01:41 PM

1 posts, read 388 times
Hi I am a newly licensed hairstylist, and I just wanted to answer the original question in my own words. Some things may have already been mentioned in other words, but anyway, here is my take on it: I feel like it really needs to be clarified that the prices for services are not just based on talent or skill (however these are important things to consider when choosing your stylist) for each service, but the price for color is largely based on time & product usage. A haircut with a blow dry can be done in about an hour depending on the cut. Men's cuts take a lot less time, and we don't have to blowdry much or at all, which is why I think they cost less. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, anyone...Anyway getting back to the time/product usage, it takes about 2 hours or more for color application which includes the mixing, applying, process time, and extra time at sink to get all that color out, then of course the blow drying of freshly wet hair(as someone else mentioned). So anyway, if you are being charged $50 for a haircut, and you think that is fair considering time and talent needed for that service, then maybe you should be asking why doesn't the color cost twice that? It takes twice the time and is based on all three things talent/time/product usage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care