Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-11-2016, 06:22 PM

3,650 posts, read 9,503,710 times

Advertisements

It looks like your hair is on the thin side - I think with your face shape you would look good with collar bone length hair blunt cut with bangs - it will make your hair look thicker. I honestly thing these short haircuts are more work than having long hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 03:10 PM

166 posts, read 135,310 times
Well I have never had a pixie haircut before and wanted to try it with 1 of those styles. How does my hair look thin?

Old 04-16-2016, 03:31 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Try it. I cut 12 inches off because I'm a dog walker and never have my hair down anyway. I wear a visor all day.

THEN I even went shorter with the buzz on the bottom and sides more like Miley. It's called an undercut. when you did what I did and have a top layer over short buzz. Mine is more like the second one but with the underlayer buzzed.

I think at least chin length will look good on you, "choppy" "piecy" are the terms, then you can go shorter if you want!

BOTH those styles require blow drying, products and will go flat on you after a while, if you want it "puffy" like that. I can promise you that, though.

Your hair looks thin because it's flat to your head. But that's ok, you can still wear these looks or a longer version. It looks like you already have some layering on the front? Bangs growing out?

You want it cut with your "natural part". If that's where you part goes automatically, in the photo, then they use that.

Don't "overwash" your hair, these styles work better on the second day!

Go for it.

The way I chose my stylist was I was in Ulta of all places and saw HER hair and asked her about it and one of her coworkers cut it. So then we did it on the spot LOL.

I LOVE mine. It's really no trouble because I don't need the puffy blown out look. But if I were corporate again, yeah, I'd probably take 15 minutes to blow out and products.

Now if you have waves or curl that's a different story and you may need a flat iron too but it doesn't appear so.

Old 04-16-2016, 03:40 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,896,657 times
Also you can go try on some wigs if you want to see yourself in short hair.

But try MODERN ones not matronly ones.

ETA: The reason the women in the photos also can keep that hair besides volume is because of the bleach. It makes the hair more "textured".

That's why you need a texturizing product.

Buy one and try it on your own hair. Don't use a very heavy conditioner making your hair soft, you defeat the purpose.

Change your shampoo to a "no/low poo" shampoo, too. Nothing that makes your hair "squeaky clean" because it may frizz out. Sometimes you find a surprise under your layers LOL. I found WAVE, who knew? I only use an auburn glaze on my hair no dye but the glaze helps my styling, too. But that's why I love the buzz because I literally only have longer hair on the top/crown to the ear.

Speaking of ears you can't dislike yours for a more severe pixie like mine LOL. Those, especially that second one are almost a short bob IMO.

Sometimes it takes your hair a bit of time to adjust to it's new position, after, and you too in terms of managing it. LOL.

Last edited by runswithscissors; 04-16-2016 at 04:49 PM..

Old 04-16-2016, 06:56 PM

166 posts, read 135,310 times
I use Head and Shoulders, shampoo/conditioner due to me sometimes getting dandrift. So what other shampoos should I try then? I have always only used Head and Shoulders shampoos.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:24 PM

61,713 posts, read 87,123,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikumiku View Post
Well with me, I go to the salon, cut it the way I want, then leave it, and let it grow back out, I don't maintain it, going back for touch ups to keep it that way haha. No I do not plan to do my hair the same color just the hair cut style.

But my hair is straight and is dark brown sometimes looks black.

There is another cut, thats similar that is based around straight hair, that looks like this

Here is a photo of what my hair looks like right now

mikumiku - I didn't know you are a man...

Old 05-31-2016, 11:37 PM

4,490 posts, read 4,982,226 times
Hats are nice.

Old 06-01-2016, 03:34 AM

4,290 posts, read 4,011,082 times
I have had it and it is lot of work and need too much of time to get in to style with blow drying but it match your face but you have lot of thin hair I am afraid. If you do I like to see

Old 06-07-2016, 08:14 AM

780 posts, read 678,600 times
Thank you for creating this thread and to those who replied. I'm going to continue to creep on this page

I myself have been on Pinterest for a couple of weeks now, trying to decide which haircut to get. I've had long...and I mean down to my ass long lol. For the past few years, it's always been mid-back length. Last year, I decided to do a big chop to donate my hair...meaning just above my shoulders. To me, that was the best haircut in years because I could sleep in it and wake-up with "beach waves". I could dress it up easily with more curls and since it's short, it took less time. It was great!

This time, I'm thinking of cutting it as short as the OP's pictures. I've never had it that short since...ever... and reading the replies is making me think everything twice.

Anyhow, I'm sharing this video because I think this lady has great tips regarding face shapes and haircuts.

https://youtu.be/qTYE2qJRxCg

Old 06-09-2016, 08:29 PM

5,401 posts, read 6,530,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aliwalas View Post
Thank you for creating this thread and to those who replied. I'm going to continue to creep on this page

I myself have been on Pinterest for a couple of weeks now, trying to decide which haircut to get. I've had long...and I mean down to my ass long lol. For the past few years, it's always been mid-back length. Last year, I decided to do a big chop to donate my hair...meaning just above my shoulders. To me, that was the best haircut in years because I could sleep in it and wake-up with "beach waves". I could dress it up easily with more curls and since it's short, it took less time. It was great!

This time, I'm thinking of cutting it as short as the OP's pictures. I've never had it that short since...ever... and reading the replies is making me think everything twice.

Anyhow, I'm sharing this video because I think this lady has great tips regarding face shapes and haircuts.

https://youtu.be/qTYE2qJRxCg
Try a long bob. It's a great cut for hair that naturally makes beachy waves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care