Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2008, 11:52 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,677,666 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Yep - labor intensive, but I have had it for years . . . my hair is naturally somewhat red . . . but I have it very very red . . . sometimes add blonde streaks and it is very high maintenance. Touch up every 3.5 or so weeks for color . . . going 4 weeks is stretching it and at 5 weeks, the color is horrible and roots are showing badly.

If you want to straighten out your color, a good colorist should be able to get it all back to your natural shade . . .Good luck!!!
wow you guys! i didn't know people went every 3-4 weeks or so!! I'm so cheap I couldn't deal with that. It's not my roots that were bad, but the ends.

I really did like it, but I'm just too darn lazy to keep it up! My color now is fine, it's about 90% back to where it used to be.

Oh well, I did enjoy my time as a redhead. It really complimented my skin tone too
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2008, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by I LOVE NORTH CAROLINA View Post
Red hair fades faster than any shade, and is hard to keep looking fresh. But I think your hair in the picture looks great, looks like you have great hair.
thanks INLC! that was actually taken the day I got it done. it's never looked the same since, LOL. today it's about 5 inches shorter, and blonde

Old 02-25-2008, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDSLOTS View Post
In my next life, I'll have red hair.

When I first went grey, and had quite a bit in my hair -- almost overnight it seemed, due to surgery -- I thought I wanted to color it. My sweet husband said, "Well, you have always wanted red hair. Why don't you go for it?"

So, I picked up a good, quality hair color in a shade of red (auburn) I thought I could wear. OMG, but where it went over the dark, it was lovely, but on the grey, it turned a shade of bright pink. I drove over to my sister's, a hairdresser, in a hat and in tears, hoping for a quick-fix -- strong mixed drink and a hairdresser's remedy.

My brother-in-law says, "You can wear that color." WHICH one? But I knew I was an absolute goner when my nephew walks in, eyes me, and says, "Hey, cool, Aunt B!"
You poor thing! I've never had a color tragedy, but have had many a perm one! i've had the "poodle" look on more than one occassion in the 80's.

Old 02-25-2008, 04:49 PM

27,337 posts, read 27,387,014 times
Sure, I had mine several shades of red. And liked it. But it wasnt until after going blonde that my hair just wasnt holding colour anymroe, for long periods of time. Im back to my natural colour now but even then, its not as dark brown as it used to be.......and its been 3 years since Ive done anything to it.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:08 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
Sulfate free shampoo has helped keep the color in my hair longer. Sulfate based detergents are drying. You can find this type of shampoo at health food stores. Walgreens carries a brand called Organix.

Organix ® - Beauty. Pure & Simple

I recently went red over the holidays; my color stayed fresh for nearly two months.

Old 02-25-2008, 05:25 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,426,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Sulfate free shampoo has helped keep the color in my hair longer. Sulfate based detergents are drying. You can find this type of shampoo at health food stores. Walgreens carries a brand called Organix.

Organix ® - Beauty. Pure & Simple

I recently went red over the holidays; my color stayed fresh for nearly two months.
WOW thanks for that type, I will definetly look for it. My hair is dry and I could use some organic shampoo.

Old 02-26-2008, 02:06 PM

932 posts, read 1,272,777 times
I have a lot of red in my hair naturally, so red sticks pretty well and looks natural on me.

I don't think I've ever had the issue you are having- maybe it 'stuck' to certain sections better for some reason- hence it lasting longer there...?

Old 02-26-2008, 04:46 PM

As long as the red I choose isn't too outrageous, people think its my real color, I have had red hair for like 13 years now.

I have dark eyebrows and pale skin when I haven't been in the sun much.

Its a bit of a shock when my old friends from high school see it however.

I just got a new darker red from Ferrier tonight. I need to stop by Walgreens and buy that shampoo that someone recommended.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:16 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
Actually the shampoo does not have to be organic. Sulfate free is a non mainstream type of shampoo and I wasn't sure what brand to recommend. The health food store carries one by a brand called Jason. A beauty supply store was where I first heard about it when my hair was so fly away from using Feria that I couldn't wear it out of a ponytail last winter. The brand I bought there is called Abba.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsey_Mcfarren View Post
WOW thanks for that type, I will definetly look for it. My hair is dry and I could use some organic shampoo.

Old 02-26-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
Actually the shampoo does not have to be organic. Sulfate free is a non mainstream type of shampoo and I wasn't sure what brand to recommend. The health food store carries one by a brand called Jason. A beauty supply store was where I first heard about it when my hair was so fly away from using Feria that I couldn't wear it out of a ponytail last winter. The brand I bought there is called Abba.
Well we have a beauty supply close by, I will have to go by and see what they have. My hair is so dry and it never was before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care