Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2017, 09:02 AM

15,945 posts, read 7,009,348 times

Advertisements

I went natural 3 years ago and I love never having to worry about roots that showed up as fast as 2 weeks. in the summer or when it is humid it has a natural curl and looks nice. but in winter it looks dry, just hangs and looks boring.
I have mostly black in the back and it goes gradually to white at the top. Mostly it looks very nice and silvery against the darker hair. I gave myself some black lowlight and did a bit too much and in the front and it is growing out.

How do YOU maintain your gray hair? If it is naturally curly or wavy how do you maintain it? what products do you use?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2017, 09:25 AM

3,233 posts, read 3,186,050 times
I have silver hair at the roots and get lots of dark blonde lowlights with some highlights thrown in around the face and in the back to even out the look. I get it professionally done. I only go to the shop about every 10 weeks or so because the silver roots tend to blend in with the high/lowlights.

I do not use any shampoos that contain sulfates. Sulfates can strip away the color. My new stylist gave me that tip and that has also cut down on my visits to her since I don't look washed out. As for conditioners, any old one will do.

I have fine hair, not a little but not a lot, with a slight wave but it can be blown stick straight without much time or effort.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 AM

18,382 posts, read 19,008,619 times
I have done low lights twice, both times a disaster. I just let my hair be grey, I would love it to be a bit lighter in the front but it isn't I have learned to be satisfied because I don't want to be having to maintain anything other than a cut. I use the grey shampoo from time to time.

Old 02-11-2017, 06:05 AM

50,340 posts, read 63,906,560 times
My hair is ash blond (mousy) with about half gray. I alway get light highlites and it never have roots to touch up. I only have to get the highlites about 2X a year.

Old 03-24-2017, 11:34 AM

466 posts, read 581,134 times
My hair is white with very little black strands but surprisingly these do not become white they stay black so I don't have the bother of white roots thank goodness. I have never dyed my hair but since 2014 I have really been looking after my hair. I was introduced to Pro-naturals Moroccan argan oil hair repair system and it has made my hair so soft & smooth & very shiny. It is still straight and mainly white. I use about 4 drops of the argan oil applied to damp hair mainly to my hair ends and partway up the hair shaft, then I leave it to air dry until it is almost dry and use a blow dryer set on cool to curl under my bangs and the rest of my hair. If I want more curl in my hair I use my Karmin Salon Series straighterner to curl rather than straighten. I also use the Pro-naturals hair mask once every 2 weeks.

Last edited by Lin1313; 03-24-2017 at 11:36 AM.. Reason: spelling of Karmin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care