Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2018, 06:18 PM

438 posts, read 268,302 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistyriver View Post
This is hilarious! I've had bangs all my life because of a long face and high forehead, and they certainly look better on me. But I hate 'em, absolutely hate 'em. This quote says it all: "...turning the wearer’s forehead into a greasy playground for acne and feeling a bit like someone is tickling your face all the ****ing time." LOL

I spent the last year just letting my hair grow out, and now look like a crazy dog lady (which is similar, but more unkempt, to a crazy cat lady). It feels so good to have that hair off my skin. One of the few perks of getting older is no longer having to care whether every single person you meet likes or approves of you. Doggone it, I've earned those furrows in my brow, and wear them proudly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2018, 09:33 AM

6,916 posts, read 3,901,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nov3 View Post
For you ladies that have attempted bangs, what is your positive in doing so?
The fact that I have a high forehead, and bangs greatly minimizes that unfortunate part of my facial anatomy.

I don't "attempt" them, I've been wearing bangs with a short crop for 10 years.

Old 06-06-2018, 07:28 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,339,924 times
I have an asymmetrical cut with long bangs swept to one side and I've worn bangs for most of my life. I don't have a long face - I have a roundish face but high cheekbones. Bangs and short hair really bring attention to my eyes, which I like. I look frumpy when I let my hair and/or bangs grow out. Bangs look sassy on me and I AM sassy so I like them - LOL.

Old 06-06-2018, 12:50 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,309,994 times
When I was a teenager, I avoided bangs due to not wanting to trap excess oil on my forehead and exacerbate acne. But I grew out of the teenage greasies, and it's no longer a problem.

Old 06-06-2018, 05:43 PM

17,467 posts, read 38,890,196 times
Well, I came VERY CLOSE to cutting bangs again the other day; but fortunately I played around with my hair and found a way to wear it that I like WITHOUT cutting. So glad. At this point in my life I think I would be very very sorry. It took years to grow them out - and at age 68 my hair is now fine, thin, and growing verrrrrrry slowly.

Old 06-12-2018, 06:57 PM

2,360 posts, read 1,416,197 times
I have mostly always had bangs because I have a big forehead, and wrinkles, now too.

I wear my hair to please myself, no one else.

Old 06-15-2018, 10:34 AM

Location: Finally the house is done and we are in Port St. Lucie!
3,488 posts, read 3,309,639 times
Bang wearer here. High forehead and I've worn them for so long now, I would feel nekkid without bangs. LOL!

Old 06-15-2018, 10:44 AM

12,229 posts, read 21,401,510 times
My mom cut my hair with bangs until she graduated me to the hair dresser.

I only have a two-head, not a four or five-head, so bangs were the worst possible look for me.

I've just about forgiven Mom.

Old 06-16-2018, 03:56 PM

30,585 posts, read 24,963,836 times
I never wore bangs till recently. I use them to camouflage thinnish hair in the front.

I don’t have much of a forehead, and when I was young, it was drummed into me that bangs were not a good look for me. But, now I’ve found, they work well. Like KA, mine are longish and swept to the side.

Old 06-18-2018, 05:30 AM

15,199 posts, read 10,189,004 times
I have almost always had bangs. I think they bring out the eyes and look good on most people. I have sort of a spiky hairstyle so I keep the bangs wispy, not straight across. When I see actresses like Helen Hunt who has a huge forehead I think how much better she would look with bangs. I think I remember her having bangs once in something she was in and she did look much better. The problem is people getting used to themselves looking a certain way which is why so many women wear their hair the same way year after year after year. Ditto for the older ladies who dye their hair pitch black even though it is not flattering. Change is hard for many people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care