Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2018, 08:26 AM

24 posts, read 25,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crd08 View Post
They only people I hear raving about are the people who sell it. I've never tried it personally as my hair stylist said she didn't recommend it (I asked her opinion).
yeah i am getting that same vibe...ive used it a little and it leave my hair super dry so i dont think im going to be a fan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2018, 11:58 PM

497 posts, read 417,118 times
I've been using Monat for one year and here is my thoughts.

The first time I used it, it made me say "Wow!". My hair was super soft and I loved the rejuvenique oil and still do.

Over time, after rinsing my hair of the shampoo, my hair felt awful, like a scrub wire that you use for heavy duty scrubbing pots. I got the moisturizer set and little did I know that it is unhealthy to always use protein base conditioner, which can dry out your hair. Why in the world would you get the shampoo, hair mask and leave-in conditioner which are mainly protein base? My hair got very dry and constant scalp tingling that you had to use the rejuvenique oil to add some nourishment and that oil is super expensive! The other option was to buy other conditioners, which is another additional cost.

I got some sores on my scalp and was told that Monat is working and clearing up my pores so that there is new hair growth. I did get some new hair growth but not enough to develop so much more hair like I used to have before I was thirty.

I never got dandruff and never had to remove any brassiness in my blonde hair, but my hair would get so dry and didn't always feel so soft.

I decided to stop after giving it one full year. Yes, I did see some benefits, but I want to see if I used other brands, if it would make a difference.

Monat say that you must brush your hair daily, shampoo daily and shampoo twice (very time consuming) since it has very low sulfate. Prior to Monat, I wasn't shampooing daily because I was afraid to dry out my hair, but I realize I need to, helping with scalp stimulation so I don't have clogged pores which stop new hair growth. Couldn't I achieve that with another brand?

Old 06-24-2018, 04:46 AM

4,705 posts, read 4,363,359 times
I never heard of this but also thought this was about the artist (who I love).
I am so hesitant about all these MIRACLE products that are touted on FB and people uniformly rave about them. Another tell tale sign that it's not all it's cracked up to be is that when anyone asks a question the answer is " I just pmed you" or something to that effect.
They think that is swift marketing strategy you know to get your interest up and make you want the product.
I have been seeing this with Nuskin products. Miracle of miracles and life changing. How much is this product you ask? I 'll pm you. Check the reviews - not one negative. Were you born yesterday? me neither.

Old 10-28-2022, 03:41 PM

18,076 posts, read 11,698,062 times
Default Monat Hair Products

My cousin has been trying to sell Monat Hair Products to me - I wonder if anyone has thoughts or experience with these products? I thought "what a super expensive hair care plan!"

Has anyone tried any of the Monat products and felt happy with the results? Continuing with the plan? Does the price go down after becoming an established customer?

All thoughts and feedback is appreciated. I'm feeling guilty as a cousin stalling her. She is a very aggressive saleslady! Makes the Avon Lady so gentle and kind!

Monat's Shampoo and Condition first and then in evening use:
$40 - Leave-in
$39 - Damage Repair Bond-fortifying Leave-in Creame
Must comb hair nightly with leave-in cream.

Small tubes - I couldn't read the weight, the font is too small for me.

Any thoughts?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care