Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2018, 04:30 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times

Advertisements

So this is an update to my recent "Sick of My Hair" thread. Bottom line I have discovered a few things that are literally GAME CHANGERS for me, and I am so glad I did not cut any of my hair, including my bangs (which I was seriously considering) Anyway, first of all I discovered Tresemme keratin smooth heat shine spray - designed for protecting your hair against heat styling tools. It has protein in it and other good stuff. You can use it on wet or dry hair. OMG, I love this stuff. It gives my hair some weight and moisture and shine, and almost makes it look like I colored it, because it enhances my natural color! The next thing I discovered is Tresemme Micro Mist compressed hairspray, level 1. My hair is long-ish and very fine and I only want the lightest of "hold." Mainly it kind of gives added protection to hair and style.

Lastly, I discovered a simple, easy and quick way to style my hair and it looks AWESOME, like I came out of the salon! Basically it is the headband curls method - you put a headband, hippie style on your head and twist all your hair around it - need to do it on dry hair, wet will not dry. here is a youtube vid showing how to do it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9RMQTC9QxQ

Anyway, I feel very happy, I haven't liked my hair in years now, and these things have made ALL the difference, so if you have thin, fine, lifeless hair like I do, give these things a try!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2018, 04:50 PM

7,072 posts, read 4,820,754 times
Wow, Gypsy does that headband trick work? My hair won’t hold a curl to save my life! Also, it seems like that would leave a line around the head, like when you take your hair out of a ponytail?

Glad to hear your hair is making you more happy now!

Old 11-14-2018, 04:58 PM

11,936 posts, read 13,105,575 times
That tutorial is so cool! Since my hair is naturally curly, I don't need to use it but might try.

Gypsy, did I tell you about these? I am trying to go no heat on my hair and have been successful for the past three months with the exception of the color class taught on my hair last week. He blew it dry for photos.

These curlers have changed my life. I shower at night, roll my wet hair, go to bed, and it is dry the next morning! Memory foam and those towels that absorb water.

https://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can find them cheaper.

Old 11-14-2018, 05:56 PM

17,534 posts, read 39,126,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueherons View Post
That tutorial is so cool! Since my hair is naturally curly, I don't need to use it but might try.

Gypsy, did I tell you about these? I am trying to go no heat on my hair and have been successful for the past three months with the exception of the color class taught on my hair last week. He blew it dry for photos.

These curlers have changed my life. I shower at night, roll my wet hair, go to bed, and it is dry the next morning! Memory foam and those towels that absorb water.

https://www.target.com/p/as-seen-on-...E&gclsrc=aw.ds

You can find them cheaper.
I haven't seen those, but they look cool! Probably wont work for my hair, though, since it says for thick and curly, and I am thin and straight. I feel it's best to be as heat free as possible, heat is just so damaging. I bought a flat iron, and just could not use it on my hair so that was a waste of money. Yes, I love those micro-fiber towels for hair.

Puginabug - YES, IT WORKS GREAT! Try it! I could not believe it - no heat and it took a few minutes to do. You can wear it overnight or just a few hours. I washed my hair today so it was pretty slick and fine, but even leaving it in a couple hours (and it wasn't dry enough when I put it up) I had beautiful beach waves ALL DAY, and here it is nearly 8 o-clock and I even had a massage where they messed it up and the waves are still there!!! And believe me, my hair is stick-straight and NEVER holds curl. This method is frikkin' amazing!!!!

Old 11-14-2018, 07:03 PM

30,585 posts, read 25,156,596 times
I am glad you found products that work for you. I will certainly try those out for myself.

I think the no heat curl thing is amazing for long hair. What a neat trick. Of course I can’t use it,but I can admire it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care