Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-06-2008, 11:31 PM

305 posts, read 1,606,473 times

Advertisements

My hair dryer just broke today, and I am so lost without it! ;-) I'm in need of a new one, and looking for suggestions/recommendations.

Here's the criteria:

POWER! I have VERY thick hair, so if it's hot and wimpy, it's no good to me.
I like warm/hot and powerful.
No fancy attachments or ionizers, etc.

Suggestions?

THANKS!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 05:11 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,343,604 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyKnox View Post
My hair dryer just broke today, and I am so lost without it! ;-) I'm in need of a new one, and looking for suggestions/recommendations.

Here's the criteria:

Suggestions?

THANKS!
I have a Super Solano and absolutely LOVE it.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:46 PM

170 posts, read 891,382 times
I had this dilemma last week when my blow dryer bit the dust. I got the Vidal Sassoon Ionic Tourmaline Pro Styler VS514F and I swear it is the best dryer I've ever had. Yes, it was a little more money than the last one I bought but my hair, which is thick and slightly on the curly/kinky side dries faster, with more shine and more overall bounce. I seem to get a better lift at the roots and I'm not doing anything different during the styling process. Also I've noticed that my hair seems to be straighter and is more manageable throughout the day.

It's fairly lightweight and not overly noisy. The switches are toggle switches so it is quick and easy to move from air flow speed and heat settings. I know you said you weren't interested in all the bells and whistles of ions and attachments but I really think the ionic setting is what gave me an overall all better final blow dry. I haven't used the only attachment, the diffuser, yet because hate my curly hair but I just might give it a shot in the near future.

Old 04-10-2008, 10:24 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,933,531 times
I did quite a bit of research some time ago and ended up buying Sedu Ultrapower Professional Hair Dryer, Free Shipping. Very happy with it. Makes my hair shiny. Would've never thought a hair dryer really makes a difference.

Old 11-26-2014, 03:28 AM

466 posts, read 577,144 times
Default Need a new hair dryer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoxyKnox View Post
Here's the criteria:
Suggestions?
THANKS!
I know you are not interested in fancy attachments but mine comes all-inclusive -
Get what I have a Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Professional Ionic Hair Dryer
• The ceramic heating unit provides the benefits of heating evenly and not getting too hot
• The electronic ion generator when switched to green = negative ions = hair drying faster
• When switch to blue = positive ions = increase shine and if you finish off using the cool shot button it will help eliminate frizz and flyaways
• Diffuser to use with curly or wavy hair
• 1800 watt Long Life Powerful Motor at 110v - 120v
• Weight : approx 12 ozs
• 3 year manufacturer’s warranty. You go online to verify your hair dryer and at the same time it ties your hair dryer to the warranty.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care