Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2016, 05:38 PM

6 posts, read 3,263 times

Advertisements

So I am looking for a new sulfate free shampoo/conditioner for my color treated, dry thick hair and wondering if there is a website where they can send me samples to try before I buy a full size..not sure if that exists but I dont want to waste money and have the product just sitting because I don't like it. I also need the shampoo/conditioner to smell good..if you have/use any, what would you recommend?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2016, 07:27 AM
npz

208 posts, read 324,208 times
The last time I was on the hunt for new shampoo and conditioner, I actually contacted a few of the companies directly to ask which products in their range would suit my hair type. I was really only looking for advice, not samples, but each of them came back with both advice and an offer to send out a few samples to try.

Old 07-18-2016, 10:49 AM

16,376 posts, read 22,517,756 times
I heard you can return products after trying them if you don't like them. This way you can buy full size and keep the receipt and return if you don't like it. Check with the store before you purchase to confirm the return policy. Even being able to return, it's a big hassle and is time sensitive.

I love product samples and there are many items I buy today on a regular basis because of a product sample. Some of these products I never would have purchased originally.

Old 07-23-2016, 08:54 PM

381 posts, read 177,741 times
You can try travel size products to experiment. I've seen them in drugstores, Walmart, Target and they're usually $1 something. Also, I tend to read Amazon reviews on some hair products and I mostly see reviews from those who have received the product for free in exchange for a review. Maybe you can do something like this.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:43 PM

2,609 posts, read 2,512,625 times
I swtiched over to L'Oreal sulfate free. I have dry, curly hair and I color it occasionally (home coloring). It doesn't feel squeaky clean like it used to, but it's so much better than one I picked up previously (I wish I could remember what that brand was, but I got rid of it. I absolutely HATED it- made my hair feel gross and dull). I've also used Organix Coconut Milk, which originally said sulfate free and I loved it. It was one of the best shampoos I've ever used, but the later versions no longer said sulfate free on the packaging and there is an ingredient that sounds too much like sulfate (sulfatate or something?) I'm not sure if it's markedly different than sulfate. So I moved to L'Oreal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care