Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-10-2009, 08:26 AM

1 posts, read 4,327 times

Advertisements

Never been this happy with my hair. it feels so silky and bouncy and the good thing is I'm not using any other product... i keep telling my friends and coworkers how great it is.... got 2 try it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2009, 08:26 AM

692 posts, read 1,731,986 times
I purchase my WEN products from QVC. I love it. Check out the forums on QVC. It's all about how you apply and rinse.

Old 02-12-2010, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 10,920 times
I also was interested in purchasing WEN, but came across Beauty 4 Ashes product, which is a non-sulfate, all natural shampoo/conditioner product. Trying to decide which is better for ethnic, fine and thin hair. Any comments on this?

Old 03-22-2011, 03:25 PM

2,709 posts, read 6,314,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickel View Post
i have short hair and im not looking for something that will make it grow unless there is something like that let me know please! but i want to know if the wen hair product works? does it make your hair healthier?
I use WEN. Started using it a couple/few years ago and loved it. Quit using it because it was expensive (especially the shipping). A friend of mine recently started using it, too, so now I'm back on the product -- we place our orders together and get free shipping because of the total cost of our order. We also don't order it through QVC -- we're not on a "subscription." We order directly from his salon.

I have very straight, fine hair and it's short (above my shoulders/to my jawline). It's not too thin, not too thick. I use the cucumber and aloe formulation. I really like it, and my hair feels AMAZINGLY healthy. I buy the 32 oz bottle and it lasts me about 2 months.

I do add the small (half) pump of WEN at the end to soaking-wet hair, work it through, and leave it as a leave-in conditioner. It doesn't weigh my hair down, which had been my original concern given how fine my hair is. I sometimes will use a volumizing mousse for a little extra hold or on days when I want to flip up my ends. (Straight, non-textured hair doesn't want to do anything but hang there!) On days when I do that, my hair is not as soft as it is on days when I don't. I haven't tried his WEN styling products, but I've considered it.

My friend, who has extremely coarse, naturally curly, very thick hair uses the Sweet Almond formulation. She has also tried the Fig, but she says that when she uses the Fig, it's almost like it makes her hair WANT to curl. (She prefers her hair straight and straightens it every day.) So on days when she wants to go curly, she uses the Fig.

Something I've noticed is with respect to color. I'm a redhead, but as I've gotten older, my color has faded to what I call "dishwater red" -- a very mousy/dirty strawberry blond. It truly seems to me that when I use WEN, my natural color is deeper, more vibrant, and people do tell me my hair is shiny.

I have also tried the Hair One product that is the "cheap" alternative to WEN, but I like the WEN better.

A lot of people do talk about the hair-fall when they start using WEN. I've noticed this, too, but it doesn't seem like my hair is getting THINNER, so I'm not worried about it. Is it more hair-fall than normal? I don't think so.

Another complaint I've read about WEN is that it's breaking hair off near the scalp. I do have some shorty fly-aways up there, but is it because of the WEN...or is it simply because my hair is growing in? (We lose and grow hair regularly.) I'm mindful of both these complaints, but I'm not convinced the WEN is at fault, and I like the results on the condition, etc. of my hair so much that I choose to keep using the product.

Old 03-27-2011, 11:12 AM

12,054 posts, read 23,344,730 times
I finally figured out how to use WEN successfully for my hair. Even though it is short, I need at least 30 pumps to get my hair clean. Unfortunately, I started losing hair and I have read that this is a serious problem with WEN. What I am doing now is using other shampoos and using WEN more as a conditioner. This is working out better but not sure about the hair loss. I am not certain that it is because of using WEN, which others have said on another board, or if it is an age thing. Not pretty no matter what the reason.

Old 04-30-2011, 02:42 AM

1 posts, read 8,005 times
Thanks for all of your replies in regards to Wen hair products. I just saw the infomercial and felt skeptical about it. I'm wondering how Wen can fully substitute as a shampoo and a conditioner and get your scalp truly clean?? I might try and purchase the knock off at Sally Beauty supply first. Plus, I am allergic to Wheat Protein which is a main ingredient in Wen.

Old 08-15-2011, 08:10 AM

1 posts, read 2,622 times
I ordered it about a month ago. I have shoulder length, thick, brown hair that I have to straighten if I want to leave it down. I ordered wen to see if I could bring some shine and less dry volume. I certainly got the shine and straightness because it left my hair extremely greasy and wieghed down with a nasty feeling film on my hair. I thought maybe I hadn't rinsed it well enough but the next few times I used it I rinsed my hair for about 5 minutes and got the same results. I am in the process of sending the product back. I would not recommend it if you are looking for the results I was looking for. I know better than to listen to an infomercial. As the old saying goes.."if its too good to be true....." Good Luck

Old 08-16-2011, 11:59 AM

50,367 posts, read 63,948,892 times
I don't know if it's good or not, but I figure if the guy who makes it can afford dozens of infomercials with actresses, and can afford to have Jeff Lewis redecorate his studio, then it must be overpriced. I would never buy it.

Old 08-22-2011, 01:45 PM

1,204 posts, read 2,526,885 times
I wanted to try the WEN, but it was way overpriced. I found a great alternative at Sally's Beauty Supply, it's called Hair One. So far I really like it. I have fine, straight hair and it gives me move volume. I use the Hair One for Color treated hair. They also have a formula for Normal and Curly hair.

Old 08-23-2011, 08:39 AM

1,318 posts, read 5,271,693 times
I just use cheap VO5 as the cleanser and a bit richer conditioner for the 2nd conditioner.

Greenchili
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care