Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2008, 07:51 PM

1,153 posts, read 3,602,986 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone has tried it and how does it work?.....Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 12:08 PM

559 posts, read 1,395,021 times
I saw the infomercial for this. I'm interesting in trying it. I saw good reviews on it on another forum.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:36 AM

2,709 posts, read 6,315,517 times
I realize this is an old thread, but...

I've been using Wen for about 5-6 months now, and I have to say that my hair has NEVER been in such good condition! My hair is shoulder-length and has a tendency to be very dry on the bottom 2-4 inches. But it now feels very soft and bouncy and smooth...no "straw" or crunchy texture. Because my hair is fine-textured and straight, I use the Cucumber Aloe variety, and it seems like a good match -- doesn't weight my hair down or cause it to go limp in the afternoon.

I don't use the Wen EXACTLY like the directions say. I DO use a regular shampoo every third day or so, and I still condition (with a John Friedken conditioner for red hair) even after using the Wen. I do use a small dab of the Wen as a leave-in conditioner -- work a small amount through soaking wet hair before getting out of the shower and toweling it dry. I've also made a "tonic" of water, Wen, almond oil, and a volumizer gel which I spritz lightly on my ends before styling.

Wen has transformed the condition of my hair, but I do advise buying it directly from Chaz Dean's website or maybe from Amazon rather than off the infomercial, at least in the beginning until you decide if you like it or not. And you really need to choose the formulation that's right for your hair texture, because some formulations are heavier than others.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:48 AM

8,411 posts, read 39,262,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
I realize this is an old thread, but...

I've been using Wen for about 5-6 months now, and I have to say that my hair has NEVER been in such good condition! My hair is shoulder-length and has a tendency to be very dry on the bottom 2-4 inches. But it now feels very soft and bouncy and smooth...no "straw" or crunchy texture. Because my hair is fine-textured and straight, I use the Cucumber Aloe variety, and it seems like a good match -- doesn't weight my hair down or cause it to go limp in the afternoon.

I don't use the Wen EXACTLY like the directions say. I DO use a regular shampoo every third day or so, and I still condition (with a John Friedken conditioner for red hair) even after using the Wen. I do use a small dab of the Wen as a leave-in conditioner -- work a small amount through soaking wet hair before getting out of the shower and toweling it dry. I've also made a "tonic" of water, Wen, almond oil, and a volumizer gel which I spritz lightly on my ends before styling.

Wen has transformed the condition of my hair, but I do advise buying it directly from Chaz Dean's website or maybe from Amazon rather than off the infomercial, at least in the beginning until you decide if you like it or not. And you really need to choose the formulation that's right for your hair texture, because some formulations are heavier than others.
Thanks for chiming in on this. I was thinking about it as my new apt is DRY DRY DRY..and the ends of my hair that I am trying to grow in..well..I can tell its time for a shampoo change. I really like the info of shampooing every 3rd day. Ive done the conditioner only shampoo but it feels like it doesnt get as clean as regular shampoo and does a build up thing. Do you think WEN doesnt do this as badly as regular old conditioner?
Do you have oily scalp or anything like that?

Old 11-17-2008, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pitt_transplant View Post
I really like the info of shampooing every 3rd day. Ive done the conditioner only shampoo but it feels like it doesnt get as clean as regular shampoo and does a build up thing. Do you think WEN doesnt do this as badly as regular old conditioner?
Do you have oily scalp or anything like that?
I do have an oily scalp. I can't go longer than 24 hours without "washing" my hair -- whether that means using the WEN or using real shampoo. But even though my scalp is oily, the bottom 2-4 inches of my hair has always been dry...until lately, that is. Even when I use "regular" shampoo, I use less of it and add a couple squirts of the WEN to the glob in my palm, mix those together, and use that as my "shampoo." (When I get down to the dregs in my WEN bottle, I add water and a bit of shampoo to the bottle, mix those together, and keep that in reserve as my "every-third day shampoo.") And I DO always follow up with the conditioner. I use a John Frieda conditioner for red hair, and I love it as well. This combination -- the WEN and the John Frieda conditioner, with an every-third-day shampoo followed by the John Frieda conditioner -- is working much better for me than when I used regular shampoo everyday then followed up with a deep-conditioner. And no...I don't have any build-up from the WEN.

Before I started using the WEN, I was doing the conditioner-only thing, but I'm having better results with the WEN than I was without it. I give the WEN a huge amount of credit, but I also think I've stumbled upon good styling products, and those help as well. (Well, mostly I just use BedHead's Small Talk as my styling product, which provides nice bounce and volume and doesn't make my hair crunchy.)

Old 11-17-2008, 10:41 AM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
Never heard of it, website please!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deeds View Post
Just curious if anyone has tried it and how does it work?.....Thanks!

Old 11-17-2008, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bjones1976 View Post
Never heard of it, website please!
.:: Chaz Dean Studio ::. Home

Chaz Dean is a stylist in California. He created the WEN products. Currently, there's an infomercial on t.v. selling the products through the Guthy-Renker folks. You can buy WEN through the infomercial (and Guthy-Renker) or you can buy it directly from Chaz Dean from his site above, or you can buy it on Ebay or Amazon. I've never seen it in a store or salon locally.

Old 11-17-2008, 12:55 PM

1,271 posts, read 4,023,588 times
Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niftybergin View Post
.:: Chaz Dean Studio ::. Home

Chaz Dean is a stylist in California. He created the WEN products. Currently, there's an infomercial on t.v. selling the products through the Guthy-Renker folks. You can buy WEN through the infomercial (and Guthy-Renker) or you can buy it directly from Chaz Dean from his site above, or you can buy it on Ebay or Amazon. I've never seen it in a store or salon locally.

Old 11-17-2008, 08:13 PM

4,271 posts, read 8,173,552 times
You can get it on QVC too

WEN by Chaz Dean Moisturizing & Rejuvenating 3-piece Kit - QVC.com

Old 03-03-2009, 05:50 PM

1 posts, read 14,676 times
I just ordered the Wen haircare system, I can't wait to try it. I've been surfing the internet for real testimonials from average people (instead of the ones on the infomercial). I'm very encouraged by all of the positive feedback and am looking forward to using it myself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care