Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2021, 07:13 PM

22,447 posts, read 11,972,828 times

Advertisements

They told me that my stylist has left the salon and they don't know where she is going next.

I last saw her over 2 weeks ago and she said nothing about planning to leave. However, she did give me her phone number and her user name on Instagram. At the time, I wondered why. Now, given this email the salon sent to me, I now wonder if she was trying to tell me something, such as she is moving along.

In the email, the salon encouraged me to pick a new stylist and even said if I did that, my first hair cut with the new stylist would be free.

I'm asking if any of you were in this position, what would you do? Would you wait for your stylist to get in touch with you? If so, how long would you wait? Or would you call her directly and hear what she has to say?

Or would you just pick a new stylist at the salon? There is a stylist at the salon who is good with hair like mine but she charges more for haircuts due to having more experience.

For me, one thing I liked about the salon is that I can walk to my appointments, which makes things easier for me. Thus, I really would prefer to not travel any distance by car due to terrible traffic around where I live.

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2021, 07:42 PM

2,873 posts, read 2,058,661 times
Simple, they don’t want you to follow her to the new salon. They want to retain you as a customer.

The ball is in your court! If you had a good relationship, there’s no reason not to contact her. Best wishes/good luck!

Old 03-23-2021, 07:53 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,201,315 times
I think she probably was trying to tell you she was moving on and I wouldn’t wait for her to contact you. If you really like her and don’t want to try someone new then it doesn’t hurt to reach out to her and ask where she is. She may still be close enough to you. If she isn’t you can tell her why you wouldn’t be able to go to her. I’m sure she’ll understand. Worst case scenario you get a free haircut from a stylist who you know is good with hair like yours.

Old 03-23-2021, 08:53 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,129,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
I think she probably was trying to tell you she was moving on and I wouldn’t wait for her to contact you. If you really like her and don’t want to try someone new then it doesn’t hurt to reach out to her and ask where she is. She may still be close enough to you. If she isn’t you can tell her why you wouldn’t be able to go to her. I’m sure she’ll understand. Worst case scenario you get a free haircut from a stylist who you know is good with hair like yours.
I agree.
I followed my favorite stylist for over 30 years, to his fourth salon (where he was co-owner). I would still be using him, but I moved to a new city.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:11 PM

Thank you, everyone!

The odd thing was that when she finished doing my hair last time, as usual I would pay the bill and leave tips for her and the shampoo person. The receptionist would also schedule my next appointment. So, at the time everybody was assuming that she would still be there.

Before going to her, I went to another stylist for over 30 years. I ended up moving on when that stylist moved to a new shop and never let me know (long story).

I've never had anything like what happened recently, happen to me before. Thus I appreciate all the good advice.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:15 PM

8,475 posts, read 4,724,709 times
I’d take the free hair cut, see if you like the experience and results, and if you’re not getting better than what you had before, stick with your stylist. There’s nothing lost for you, methinks.

Old 03-23-2021, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp123 View Post
I’d take the free hair cut, see if you like the experience and results, and if you’re not getting better than what you had before, stick with your stylist. There’s nothing lost for you, methinks.
I'm leaning towards this option, the more I think about it. Thank you for the feedback.

Old 03-24-2021, 06:53 AM

9,431 posts, read 5,194,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
They told me that my stylist has left the salon and they don't know where she is going next.

I last saw her over 2 weeks ago and she said nothing about planning to leave. However, she did give me her phone number and her user name on Instagram. At the time, I wondered why. Now, given this email the salon sent to me, I now wonder if she was trying to tell me something, such as she is moving along.

In the email, the salon encouraged me to pick a new stylist and even said if I did that, my first hair cut with the new stylist would be free.

I'm asking if any of you were in this position, what would you do? Would you wait for your stylist to get in touch with you? If so, how long would you wait? Or would you call her directly and hear what she has to say?

Or would you just pick a new stylist at the salon? There is a stylist at the salon who is good with hair like mine but she charges more for haircuts due to having more experience.

For me, one thing I liked about the salon is that I can walk to my appointments, which makes things easier for me. Thus, I really would prefer to not travel any distance by car due to terrible traffic around where I live.

I appreciate any feedback. Thank you!
If it's a good salon, you would hopefully feel confident picking another stylist there. Just be sure you communicate your wants/needs clearly to the new stylist.
If you must have your old stylist, call her and find out what's up. If she is still working, you can decide if you can go to her new place.

I stick with people forever, so I would call the old stylist or least give it a shot.

Old 03-24-2021, 07:11 AM

2,916 posts, read 1,513,594 times
I have followed specific people from 1 location to another, in the past. If you have the previous stylists info, and you were satisfied with her work - just contact her and go to her new place.

I did that with 1 lady, until she moved 3 or 4 times in about a year. Then, I just gave up and went back to where I started at.

Old 03-24-2021, 10:10 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,844,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluefox View Post
My thoughts exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care