Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2020, 09:50 PM

2,518 posts, read 2,064,180 times

Advertisements

Mod cut.

Do you doubt that people are getting their haircut in somebody's garage nowdays? If they open the garage door is that considered "outside, one at a time?" Or do they have orange Home Depot extension cords running out to a Costco folding card-table for trimmer and hair dryer?

Last edited by PJSaturn; 09-06-2020 at 10:53 AM.. Reason: Off-topic political commentary.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2020, 10:11 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,600,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPbud View Post

Do you doubt that people are getting their haircut in somebody's garage nowdays? If they open the garage door is that considered "outside, one at a time?" Or do they have orange Home Depot extension cords running out to a Costco folding card-table for trimmer and hair dryer?

It's been super weird to see nail salons & haircuts set up outside....AND ofc not all salons have the space to do it. Last week they announced they were going to be able to start indoors again....like it was for a super short time when we reopened the 1st time....in some counties. Limit the number of ppl...no waiting except in your car...& they text you when they are ready. Limited services again tho....both ways. It's just easier IMO to keep cutting my fiance's hair myself....specially since he's happy with how it looks...BUT he does wanna support the person that cuts his hair & small business. We both bought gift cards way back for haircuts for him & salon services for me months ago to help support them.

Old 09-08-2020, 04:01 PM

1,154 posts, read 367,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasLawyer2000 View Post
Growing your hair out is not cheapening yourself. Various hairstyles require longer hair... and if you're going to long, there's a period of awkward length. Working from home during COVID allows you to achieve the length you desire.

I feel bad for bald people.
Why do you feel bad for bald people? I married a man who developed male pattern baldness in college. Most attractive person I’ve ever known both inside and out. As an aside, I keep his (remaining) hair tidy with a pair of trimmers.

Old 01-12-2021, 07:59 AM

12,792 posts, read 15,034,943 times
I'ts now, almost mid-Jan 2021.

Well, fiance's still growing his hair & hasn't cut it since before COVID still! His hair still isn't really that long.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:29 AM

134 posts, read 119,413 times
Well, living by myself, and in almost constant isolation for the last 9 months, I can offer what I've done. Twice during this time, I have cut my own. I do it in the bathroom using the main wall mirror behind me and then I strategically use a small hand mirror along with the electric clippers to cut. The first time was not easy at all. Seeing everything in reverse and mirror images made it difficult to precisely cut where I needed to. So the first time I cut, I didn't cut very even and didn't cut off enough. Second time around, this past October, I decided to adopt a different attitude (that being, I'm going to just cut this hair and not worry about looks so much) and ended up doing a better job and removing a lot of hair. I don't have much hair anymore to begin with (genetics and I think because I'm not eating as well since diet changed due to Covid), so the cut from October I'm hoping will carry over until March. I just wear a baseball cap when going anywhere, which is really only for gasoline for the auto as I only need to visit the bank occasionally. Desperate times call for desperate measures for sure..... Good luck.....

Old 01-12-2021, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson View Post
Well, living by myself, and in almost constant isolation for the last 9 months, I can offer what I've done. Twice during this time, I have cut my own. I do it in the bathroom using the main wall mirror behind me and then I strategically use a small hand mirror along with the electric clippers to cut. The first time was not easy at all. Seeing everything in reverse and mirror images made it difficult to precisely cut where I needed to. So the first time I cut, I didn't cut very even and didn't cut off enough. Second time around, this past October, I decided to adopt a different attitude (that being, I'm going to just cut this hair and not worry about looks so much) and ended up doing a better job and removing a lot of hair. I don't have much hair anymore to begin with (genetics and I think because I'm not eating as well since diet changed due to Covid), so the cut from October I'm hoping will carry over until March. I just wear a baseball cap when going anywhere, which is really only for gasoline for the auto as I only need to visit the bank occasionally. Desperate times call for desperate measures for sure..... Good luck.....

I cut my fiancé’s hair for him...but if you are by yourself, there are videos that show you how. Men’s hair is super easy IMO....try women’s! It was much harder for me to cut my own than cutting his....but they do have cut your own videos for both men & women. It’s not that desperate times tho IMO...specially for men. Men can just cut it short with clippers if they want or if they mess up. I’m going to brag tho & say that my fiancé doesn’t need a baseball hat....

Things will be back to normal soon tho.

Old 01-12-2021, 09:56 AM

50,406 posts, read 64,141,570 times
I’m becoming pretty good at cutting hubbys hair. With good quality rechargeable clippers, and a few youtube lessons, it comes out pretty good. I use no.2 guard on the bottom, and no.4 guard on the top and blend it a bit with scissors.

A lot of men are letting their beards grow now, but mr gentle looks like a homeless person without a haircut.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
I cut my fiancé’s hair for him...but if you are by yourself, there are videos that show you how. Men’s hair is super easy IMO....try women’s! It was much harder for me to cut my own than cutting his....but they do have cut your own videos for both men & women. It’s not that desperate times tho IMO...specially for men. Men can just cut it short with clippers if they want or if they mess up. I’m going to brag tho & say that my fiancé doesn’t need a baseball hat....

Things will be back to normal soon tho.

I took a look at the vids before I cut the first time. They did help... a bit. Still, no teacher like experience. I wish I could share your optimism regarding things going back to normal though but appreciate the thought.....

Old 01-12-2021, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson View Post
I took a look at the vids before I cut the first time. They did help... a bit. Still, no teacher like experience. I wish I could share your optimism regarding things going back to normal though but appreciate the thought.....

You don’t share my optimism that you won’t have to cut your own hair for much longer tho?

Old 01-12-2021, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TashaPosh View Post
You don’t share my optimism that you won’t have to cut your own hair for much longer tho?

No, not unless I stop isolating which I don't see happening anytime soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care