Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2021, 10:49 AM

9,297 posts, read 4,592,265 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Iverson View Post
No, not unless I stop isolating which I don't see happening anytime soon.

Well...you do you. IMO tho...it’s all going back to normal soon. Good luck with your hair.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2021, 11:09 AM

2,518 posts, read 2,061,662 times
I haven't had a haircut since my last post above 9/3. Hoping that the return of warmer spring weather lifts the lockdown enough to get haircuts again... maybe March? In the meantime I'm rocking the cro-magnon look.

I did see my neighbor buzzcut his own head the other day, I barely recognized him.

Old 01-12-2021, 10:47 PM

134 posts, read 119,158 times
Even with lockdowns lifted, I'll be cutting my own for some time. If the vaccine actually proves effective and, if I get it, then I'll resume the barbers if things have improved by that time.

Old 01-13-2021, 06:36 PM

12,788 posts, read 15,014,175 times
Quote:
Even with lockdowns lifted, I'll be cutting my own for some time. If the vaccine actually proves effective and, if I get it, then I'll resume the barbers if things have improved by that time.

I don't blame you! If I was a guy, I'd be doing the same thing!

Old 01-13-2021, 07:33 PM

4,294 posts, read 4,434,526 times
Quote:
Me Too. If anything I deserve to master the art of self cutting. Been watching many Youtube videos on the subject and communicating with people in the comments section . I am doing ok just need to master a few techniques. Meanwhile I haven't screwed up my hair too bad in the process.

Old 01-13-2021, 08:58 PM

3,606 posts, read 1,662,747 times
Yes, didn't get it cut for the first 4 months of pandemic. Then, decided to get it really short (military cut) at barber when I finally went so I don't have to go back for a while. It finally grew back out, found an old hair trimmer, and shaved it myself the next time...along with my brother's hair. Not quite as good as the barber, but passable. Grew back out and this last time at barber (they are quick and we always mask up), actually had them shave it all off which I never did before (shorter than John Candy's hair in the movie "Stripes")...is already growing back out a little after 2 weeks and still pretty warm in So. Cal so not freezing with the short hair, working out okay...should be good for another 3 months now. That is my hair history for the last year.

Old 01-13-2021, 09:06 PM

9,431 posts, read 11,188,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunbiz1 View Post
A Wahl hair clipper w/guards.
Since the new in style is boot camp.
There ya go. Quick, easy, no skills required--other than a fairly steady hand, that is.

Old 02-10-2021, 02:42 PM

2,765 posts, read 3,632,771 times
When I had to close my shop for nearly 2 months last year 8 had people calling me and coming to my house for a haircut. I didn't think people would care about a haircut with what was happen8ng but Inwas dead wrong. When we opened back up we had a stampede of people that were just waiting for us to open. People who got haircuts every week or two were desperately. Like I said some of the. came to my house and were happy to pay more. I got some pretty nice tips from thise who could pay more.

Old 03-07-2021, 02:55 PM

12,788 posts, read 15,014,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1orlando View Post
When I had to close my shop for nearly 2 months last year 8 had people calling me and coming to my house for a haircut. I didn't think people would care about a haircut with what was happen8ng but Inwas dead wrong. When we opened back up we had a stampede of people that were just waiting for us to open. People who got haircuts every week or two were desperately. Like I said some of the. came to my house and were happy to pay more. I got some pretty nice tips from thise who could pay more.

Nothing against you & other hairstylists, but wow, people can't learn to be resourceful & learn to cut their own hair for a while or have theire significant other do it if they want?

Old 03-08-2021, 10:30 PM

6,616 posts, read 4,891,800 times
My 2021 update: I get haircuts again but go longer in between and keep the hair longer than before the evil COVID. I'm not doing strenuous exercise at the gym where the extra hair could be more burdensome.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care