U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Today, 01:42 PM

1 posts

Advertisements

Hi,

I am in need of some advice in terms of what is involved in what I am looking to do and the upkeep to maintain it.

Currently my hair is mid-dark brown and I would like to take it red. But then I also wanted to add blonde highlights to it. Think Lindsay Lohan in Freaky Friday for an idea. I would get this done by a pro in a salon but was wondering what all would be involved.

Would they color the whole head red first and then do the blonde highlights after? Or would they do a lowlight/highlight mix? If the former, can they do that all in the same appointment?

And what would the maintenance involve? Would they color the whole head everytime and do the highlights, or would they then just do the roots both in red and the blonde? How often do you think I'd need that?

Thanks a bunch!

Kerrin
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old Today, 03:30 PM

6,170 posts, read 1,715,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KerrinC View Post
Hi,

I am in need of some advice in terms of what is involved in what I am looking to do and the upkeep to maintain it.

Currently my hair is mid-dark brown and I would like to take it red. But then I also wanted to add blonde highlights to it. Think Lindsay Lohan in Freaky Friday for an idea. I would get this done by a pro in a salon but was wondering what all would be involved.

Would they color the whole head red first and then do the blonde highlights after? Or would they do a lowlight/highlight mix? If the former, can they do that all in the same appointment?

And what would the maintenance involve? Would they color the whole head everytime and do the highlights, or would they then just do the roots both in red and the blonde? How often do you think I'd need that?

Kerri..that’s a lot of chemicals & time I don’t know if it all can be done at the same appt BUT... IMO maintenance would be a nightmare. Are you totally sure on that look? I’d have an experienced colorist look at your hair color & its health....AND listen to her for easier recommendations that wouldn’t damage your hair. What about a soft sandy balayage or warm honey highlights if your hair is medium brown? That would give you softer tones that aren’t too far from your natural color...& it’s super easy & less damage to your hair. AND.....so much less maintenance!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care