Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-31-2008, 05:10 PM

1,738 posts, read 8,275,611 times

Advertisements

I'm five months pregnant and have greys coming in like there is no tomorrow.

I have dark brown(almost black) hair w/ some red in it SO I got red highlights to cover the grey rather then dye all my hair. It looks very natural and pretty.

I like the red but in my 25 years I've never done anything w/ my hair so I'm not use to it.
My hub said it fine but he prefers his dark haired wife more. I am unsure which way I like it more but for summer this is fine.

so here is my question

we started talking about how long it takes for highlights to grow out of normal hair and pregnancy hair. is it different?

...I'm love'n my pregnant hair!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 07:31 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Congrats on the pregnancy. This is the first that I heard of grey hair while pregnant. My wife's biggest pregnancy sympton was her pink pink cheeks. It was so funny, even before she announced her pregnancy, her co-workers were giving her a hard time saying "Wow!! You cheeks are sooooo pink, youre pregnant!! You're pregnant". Thats when she came clean with them to confirm it.

What does your hair stylist say? They seem to always know about these types of things.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:39 PM

Thanks Debreez!

it might not be a symptom debreez ...it might just be lining up w/ the pregnancy.
Early Grey hair runs in the family but for fun I'm blaming the pregnancy =)
I didn't ask I figured the highlights will just grow out in time BUT now I'm kinda wondering ..ya know?

pink cheeks sounds so cute!

Old 05-31-2008, 08:00 PM

8,041 posts, read 10,632,364 times
If you think you have grey hairs now, just wait until that kid get's to be about 14.

Old 05-31-2008, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
If you think you have grey hairs now, just wait until that kid get's to be about 14.
I know I'm scared!

Old 05-31-2008, 09:40 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,953,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montanamom View Post
Oh no. Stepson is turning 13 in a couple of weeks and I can already see the hairs that arent falling out already turning gray.

Old 06-01-2008, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
Oh no. Stepson is turning 13 in a couple of weeks and I can already see the hairs that arent falling out already turning gray.
you sound like me. I told my Dad I was pulling out the grey and he said better not you need every strand you can get. guess he's looking at my genetics. ...my moms sides hair thins out as they get grey ...awesome genes I tell you! But we all have pretty faces =)

I'm just gonna highlight it in summer and fall and forget about it.

Old 06-02-2008, 06:31 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,992,840 times
It wasn't pregnancy that started my gray hairs, but the TEEN years! SCARY!!!!!!!

Old 06-03-2008, 02:04 AM

13,608 posts, read 5,386,066 times
OMG, you make me dread the teen years which will come too soon. My son was born in May last year and I didn't have any problems with grey hair or anything else. I felt good the whole time.
My hair was growing as fast or slow as always and I even got highlights and colored my hair every 6-8 weeks. No problem with that. I also consulted my doctor whether the chemicals might be dangerous for the kid but he said that's not a problem at all.

I wish you all the best for your pregnancy.

And I know how you feel about the hubster telling you what hair color he prefers. He prefers me light brown with blong highlights but I had 3 or 4 years when I had nearly black hair. I loved it. Now I'm back to brown/blond again and feel fine with it and he's content too.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguel's mom View Post
OMG, you make me dread the teen years which will come too soon. My son was born in May last year and I didn't have any problems with grey hair or anything else. I felt good the whole time.
My hair was growing as fast or slow as always and I even got highlights and colored my hair every 6-8 weeks. No problem with that. I also consulted my doctor whether the chemicals might be dangerous for the kid but he said that's not a problem at all.

I wish you all the best for your pregnancy.

And I know how you feel about the hubster telling you what hair color he prefers. He prefers me light brown with blong highlights but I had 3 or 4 years when I had nearly black hair. I loved it. Now I'm back to brown/blond again and feel fine with it and he's content too.
your sweet! ...hair grows he can just wait for the highlights to grow out.
I told him if it bothers him alot I'll get a boy cute and dye it bleach blonde. He smiled and said its fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care