Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 03:21 PM

27,232 posts, read 46,639,854 times

Advertisements

You're talking...Sinead O'Connor, or Susan Powter, right?

I don't like long hair in the person I'm seeing. Not one short-haired girl has EVER said these words to me: "Ouch, you're on my HAIR!"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2008, 03:57 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,159,728 times
add Demi Moore to the list as well. She was gorgeous with a shaved head!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Absolutely! Halle Berry looks much better with short hair, as does Angela Bassett. Toni Braxton was very hot with short hair but when she grew it long, she started to look more ordinary.

Old 06-07-2008, 05:31 PM

141 posts, read 416,834 times
I think I only thought it looked good on 1 woman. She's a young actress. I saw her at the red carpet as well with a shaved head. Her facial features are just beautiful.

Oh yeah, it's Natalie Portman.

Old 06-08-2008, 09:12 PM

1,669 posts, read 6,397,108 times
I have been keeping my baldy short for over 20 years. I don't look lesbian or dyke--I have no problem getting men. Close short cropped hair is a matter of preference for me. I rather have no fuss hair that could be done in a matter of minutes, plus I work out at least 5 days a week and rather be free of hair maintenance.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:41 PM

739 posts, read 2,185,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicenavada View Post
I like very very short hair on black women. It suits their features.
Thank you alice.

I find it disturbing that some people are still so unsophisticated that they relate hair length with sexual orientation. I mean, we're having a woman and a black man running for president of this country and people still throw out garbage like you're a dyke if you have short hair?

My wife had a buzz cut for about 5 years. Believe me, she's a very sexy black woman. Now she has dreadlocks, totally gray, still a very sexy black woman.

I have blonde hair down to the middle of my back and a gray beard. I'm definitely not gay, or girly, long hair or not. But even if I was gay, or my wife was assumed to be gay because of her buzz cut, so what? There's nothing wrong with being gay. Some people just are gay and good for them!

I'm proud to live in Massachusetts where we have fully legal gay marriage, not civil unions, equal marriage. Who cares whether people look gay to some clodhopper or not, or how they keep their hair. Let's get with modern times folks.

Old 06-08-2008, 11:46 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,945,093 times
I have to admit that I am one of those people who associate a woman with short hair as perhaps being gay because I know many gay women and unfortunately, that seems to be the look for some of them. If a woman who has short hair, wears pants and wears little or not makeup, I usually think of them as gay or looking "butch".

As I mentioned in an earlier post, not many women can pull of looking good with short hair. The definately must be FIT/healthy/in great shape and be very feminine (i.e., not a pants wearer).

Old 06-09-2008, 08:15 AM

3,860 posts, read 8,449,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
short hair is very attractive on women if they are fit.
I'm sorry to bring a racial angle to this, but this is not entirely true for black women. I was far from trim when my hair was about an inch long and I received plenty of compliments. Supershort hair looks good on a lot of black women especially when it's has it's natural texture.

Old 06-09-2008, 11:05 AM

5,077 posts, read 14,639,656 times
I agree too that some women really can pull that look off. Some of the short haircuts are SO cute and just really showcase their faces. I have long hair, past my shoulders. I've tried the short looks and have a fantastic stylist but my face is not the right shape for the shorter ones. Way less maintenance though! I'd love that!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 12:15 PM

12,406 posts, read 18,964,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBeez View Post
I have to admit that I am one of those people who associate a woman with short hair as perhaps being gay because I know many gay women and unfortunately, that seems to be the look for some of them. If a woman who has short hair, wears pants and wears little or not makeup, I usually think of them as gay or looking "butch".

As I mentioned in an earlier post, not many women can pull of looking good with short hair. The definately must be FIT/healthy/in great shape and be very feminine (i.e., not a pants wearer).
But if a woman is not FIT/healthy/in great shape, she will probably look like crap no matter what her hair looks like.
Oops! I just described me. Post menopausal, short hair, body sags, and I wear slacks often.
I'd better get a wig to go with those silk dresses for my cruise just to stop all the lesbos from hitting on me.

Truth is, I have buddies with all different looks and neither know nor care about their sexual preferences because I'm not in the market. And yes, there should not even be a discussion in our country about all people haveing the same legal rights. When people are joined by the government, they should have all the legal rights of any married partnership. What religion chooses to do about their souls is their own business.

I have

Old 06-10-2008, 02:21 AM

20,326 posts, read 19,909,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
Well?

On some women, a supershort or even buzzed style is irresistable. I think it all depends on the attitude.

Any thoughts?
No way. If my longish haired wife did that, I'd freak out.

I agree with those that say it looks sort of dykey with maybe a few exceptions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care