Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-18-2008, 08:01 AM

5 posts, read 36,266 times

Advertisements

Ladies, Ladies, not to worry, no expensive treatments needed.
Just get yourself a small "beard trimmer" and trim it all off with that.
My hairdresser did this to me years ago and I was horrified, thinking that
I really would end up with a beard. But no, nothing horrible happened.
The trimmer just leaves a short peach fuzz, not noticible at all.
Much less painful than tweezing and also much quicker and easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-18-2008, 08:20 PM

121 posts, read 448,492 times
I also have the same problem that I started to notice after I had my daughter. I have a little peach fuzz on my tummy too. It is horrible!

Old 07-22-2008, 05:47 AM

13 posts, read 36,051 times
hello
i am also suffering from the same problem and looking for the proper solution ,

Old 07-22-2008, 07:24 AM

5,893 posts, read 12,807,206 times
"Isn't it funny how natural lighting (in the car) makes them appear that much more abundantly than in your bathroom mirror? "

Dragonfly757, you mentioned something that has frustrated me greatly. I have a lighted mirror with high magnification, and I still miss so many hairs that suddenly appear in natural daylight when I get in my car and look in the mirror. For that reason I've started keeping a pair of tweezers in my car too.

Was just talking about this chin hair phenomenon with a girlfriend around the time I discovered this thread and was happy to know I wasn't alone.

One of my greatest fears about getting older isn't about dying but about not being able to see well enough to pluck my chin hairs. I need to make provisions for that in my healthcare plans. In addition to "do not recusitate," I'll add a "DO pluck" clause. :-)

Old 07-22-2008, 12:50 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,038,027 times
I learned about the value of natural lighting in my line of work. If you alter your lighting from fluorescent to incandescent, you can see things differently. Then when you go to natural lighting, you see what was missed with any other type of lighting. Natural lighting provides the best results when dealing with fine particles of dust, debris, or chin hairs. LOL

I used to work in a hospital doing stereolithography. Our models were very, very detailed and had to be "cleaned". We had different types of lighting in the lab I worked at simply because we could see things that may have been missed when we cleaned the models, then switch lighting to do more detailed work. Then the last step was taking the model OUTSIDE to get whatever was left over to be cleaned.

I carried that experience over to my next line of work: maid services. It's amazing how you can see dust when you actually turn the lights off.

So, naturally, I wasn't surprised when my 7x magnified lighted mirror didn't show as much as when I looked in my visor mirror in the car.

Natural lighting is best!

Old 08-11-2008, 05:50 PM

2,336 posts, read 7,776,901 times
I'm in my late twenties. I pluck chin hair twice (maybe three times) a week. But my hair grows in very coarse and straight, so as soon as it emerges from the skin, I can see it (in the car mirror of course) and yank it before it can grow any more and actually be seen. A light sweep of my finger can detect these hairs very early on.

I also get the boob hair problem...but those things just magically appear. I mean one day nothing, and the next (I kid you not), there is a 1/2" long hair growing by my nipple. Unfortunately, these hairs are not coarse...but very fine (but still very black and straight). They are also painful to pluck.

I haven't even had any children yet....my goodness!

Old 08-11-2008, 06:22 PM

2,187 posts, read 8,004,259 times
Often times (especially in younger woman) this is caused by Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome. So yes often times it is definitely hormonal.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:04 PM

373 posts, read 1,852,551 times
I have a few of them too. I'm 35 and have never had kids or been pregnant, so that's not it. I started using cold wax at home. It's cheap, easy, and not really painful. I definitely like it better than plucking.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:40 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,282,515 times
It is hormonal. You will need to go on medication to get rid of it. I shaved my chin hair off for a while but went on the birth control pill a few years ago and got rid of all my facial hair. My skin has never looked better. I am 37.

HER Place Women's Health - Individualized Hormone Replacement Therapy

Center for Health Research, Inc.; Female Pattern Baldness, loss of libido, PMS symptom, alopecia, polycystic ovarian disease, menopause, PMS, chronic fatigue syndrome, PCOS, polycystic ovarian

I had adult acne also and that is also gone.

Old 08-14-2008, 10:27 PM

373 posts, read 1,852,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by catrinac View Post
It is hormonal. You will need to go on medication to get rid of it. I shaved my chin hair off for a while but went on the birth control pill a few years ago and got rid of all my facial hair. My skin has never looked better. I am 37.

HER Place Women's Health - Individualized Hormone Replacement Therapy

Center for Health Research, Inc.; Female Pattern Baldness, loss of libido, PMS symptom, alopecia, polycystic ovarian disease, menopause, PMS, chronic fatigue syndrome, PCOS, polycystic ovarian

I had adult acne also and that is also gone.
Well that explains things. I just went off the pill last year after being on it for 19 years. Now I am breaking out and getting chin hair. I really don't want to go back on the pill. I've never felt better.

Bummer! How depressing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care