Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2008, 05:19 AM
MB2

3,496 posts, read 9,431,487 times

Advertisements

Huh......I would definately suggest to check into "clip on's".
I have to warn you about the "temporary" color streaks....because they could be NOT so "temporary" after all, and this is just what happened to a friend of mine.
She checked into temporary pink streaks, just to frame her face, to give a "modern twist".
Well, she put the solution in, and it STAYED, ending up not being able to be washed out.

Some hair structure is so dry and porous, it will absorb the dye.....and hang onto it (like in her case).
(It is essential, to maybe READ the package instructions and warnings BEFORE anything is done.....LOL....because it stated exactly, that this COULD happen....LOL)

She had to "match" up the streaks she colored with the pink, with regular hair color several times, in order to get rid of it (she has light to middle brown hair)
What an ordeal THAT was !

She is sticking with clip on's now as well

Last edited by MB2; 09-20-2008 at 12:18 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2008, 08:22 AM

2,214 posts, read 5,577,136 times
Ooo! Ooo! Ooo! I found this awesome hair clip in extensions tutorial on youtube. This girl is a WIZ at makeup and hair effects....and this looks so friggin easy! She shows you how to make your own clip in extensions and apply them. using this method, you could have lots of different colors for different events and looks. I think I may do this myself.

YouTube - how to make clip in color hair extensions

Old 09-19-2008, 01:24 PM

6 posts, read 20,272 times
Default dark auburn

I was cursed with thin oily mousy hair that was totally unrully unless I used some sort of gel or a heavy hairspray. Mom who was the queen of hair color suggested that if I got a bit of color and a perm that this would take care of two problems. The color would dry my hair out a bit and make it look less mousy and the perm would add a bit of body.

At first I resisted but with a bit of gentle persausion from her and my sister I agreed to let her make me an appointment at her salon. First they colored my hair attempting to match my natural color then came the curlers and the perm solution. The next thing I knew I was sitting under a hair dryer between two matronly ladies.

I was wearing my hair about shoulder length at the time and when all was said and done I looked like Shriley Temple with bright red aubrun hair nothing close to my natural color. Nothing could be done about the color and it did help my oily hair problem but for the first few weeks mom did set my hair at night when I slept to try to cut down on the curls, though with the high humilidy that summer nothing much helped.

As a 16 year old boy I took a bit of ribbing from the guys but mom loved it and was constantly complimenting me on how nice it looked, and to be honest I enjoyed my new but temporary color. Color really doesn't last does it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care