Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2009, 02:03 PM

217 posts, read 513,209 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Well I am a black person from a black country and there are natural blonds. There are also natural redheads who are of unmixed African descent. They may look a little unusual if you think of blondes as white people. Africa has a lot of genes floating around and there are many combinations, not just dark skin/eyes/hair. And in "unmixed" populations, whatever that means. Having said that, I think the OP meant white people with white skin, light-colored hair and blue eyes.
I personally know a South African man with naturally blond hair. But for some reason though everybody thinks he is White and not Black. I wonder why that is ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2009, 06:09 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,532,193 times

Soap actress Victora Rowell and her daughter

Eartha Kitt (RIP) and her daughter

Donna Summer and her daughter

Blonde hair black girl

Another blonde black girl

Karyn Parsons (Fresh Prince of Bal Air) & her children

Ex-wife and daughter of Boris Becker

Old 02-03-2009, 06:12 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont think political leadership and beauty are related.
ms obama will not become the new beauty standard.
i also dont see the public idolizing her as they did the kennedys.

Old 02-03-2009, 08:15 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,115,073 times
Quote:
ms obama will not become the new beauty standard.
but MR. (errr that would be President) Obama might!

He's hott. And I know I am not the only female who thinks so.....

Old 02-03-2009, 10:55 PM

3,467 posts, read 8,143,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
Depends on what they are mixed with. If a White person marries a lightskin Hispanic for example, there is a good possibility the mother could give birth to a blond child. But if a White person marries a Kenyan for example, it is unlikely that the offspring from such a union will come out with blond hair.
Related to Jeff Jarrett by any chance?

Old 02-03-2009, 11:09 PM

4 posts, read 12,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saberai View Post
Of course. It's just that Dean here is a racist who doesn't want to believe that there is a such thing as albinos.
Actullay occultocular abinism is more common among black africans than among whites. There are many black africans with naturally fair hair.

Anyway it's a particular set of genes that causes hair, skin, and eye color to change. No one is 100% certain of the environmental conditions that make those gene expressions work. Really those genes could pop up in any region. Though we can agree they are much more common among Europeans there are a number of black who have those features.

Also note the Ainu who are a Asian people have fair hair colors as well.

Old 02-03-2009, 11:26 PM

4 posts, read 12,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean Winchester View Post
Do you think most Nonwhite men in the world find blond haired and blue eyed Nordic women more attractive than women from their own race ?
Well there are some studies that found that people regardless of race were more attracted to blondes. One theory that for nordic people is that there weren't alot of male mates and women evoled blonde hair competing feicely for male mates.

But yeah, I think it is personal prefference as far as who what type of people you are attracted to and who you think might be a suitable mate.

Old 02-04-2009, 12:45 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,790,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty. But here in the Washington DC area, I see very few blonds anymore. In fact most women here have dark hair and darker skin. With all the talk about the glories of ethnic diversity, I am afraid just being White is considered out of date. Being multi racial is in, white is out. And with that thinking being blond haired and blue eyed is so 20th Century! Agree?
Well, first off I think D.C. has been majority black for some time, so of course the prevailing local norm is unlikely to be "aryan", LOL! (They're really nasty about it in Cuba, where the saying at one time was, "White women are for marriage, black women are for work, and mixed women are for sex.)

But given the media we all grew up watching, I suspect that the prevailing "standard" in that area would likely be some sort of long straight haired brunette with a tan color of some sort. But just a guess. For whatever reasons the media standard has long been, long thin, willowy women (or more recently buff), and the media has long had a favor for caucasians. Maybe because they've been the majority of the audience nationwide.

As to current national standards, yes I think brunette-ness is getting more "in". Probably has been since at least color media. I've read that the reason producers (and Hugh Hefner) chose blonde women "back in the day" was that blonde showed up better on black and white film.

But heck, in the era after "lighter meant you didn't work in the fields" until it became clear "tanned = skin cancer"... getting a deep tan was a status symbol.

Enter the Brazilian super model, right?

So one could say the "Barbie Doll" look was an era of black and white film phenomenon in this country. And even "Malibu Barbie" had a tan, LOL!

I think one way to measure this might be to ask the local pharmacy what color of hair dye they sell the most of. That might tell you something about what women perceive the standard to be, anyway.

As for me, I find women of many colorations to be attractive. I'd say my "center" is "Cyndi Crawford" colors. I like the medium brown hair and eyes a lot. But on any given day I might say different, LOL! There's so many attractive media shots of women these days, LOL! Ask me on another day I might say Heather Locklear... another... Megan Fox... another... Allesandara Ambrosio... another, maybe even Mary Tyler Moore, back in the day... another... Holly Marie Combs... it never ends...

But then men *are* dogs, in a lot of cases, LOL!

Old 02-04-2009, 01:47 AM

1,227 posts, read 3,012,634 times
Well, im not a fan any particular genetic trait over the other. I personally am attracted to brunettes with the dark exotic look, and I know many other men who are. I think the perception of the blue eyed blondes may have more to do with percentages, and the fact that so many women who take care of themselves physically go for that trend, not necessarily naturaly. (Ie: take 10 blonde haired blue eyed women (natural or not, doesn't matter you look like what you look like if it's bought, or grown) up against 10 of your choice of another type and there is usually more attractive representing the blonde blue eyed). I'll probably get railed for that, just my opinion.

On the other hand while I find the "Britney Spears" type attractive, when that one Selma Hayek look pops up against the 10 other blonde blue eyeds she takes the cake for sure. My wife is olive skinned tall slim, but curvy Italian type (Im a very lucky guy, but rare) and she is the most beautiful woman I've ever set eyes on, and that's not me just talking because she's my wife. Did I go for her type typically before I met her in a night of debauchery?? No, I scoped out the blondes, wild exotic brunettes, curvy black women (Something super sexy about them for sure btw..), latin women, etc....

I guess what im getting to is that a woman is physically attractive (Well, at least to a man) just because she is, and typically it has nothing to do with being biased towards one type. Many may think I only speak for me, and while that is true I have many many male friends who I can tell you with certainty see it the exact same way.

Lastly im gonna say while physical attraction means the world when it comes to initial preceptions it's only gonna get you ladies so far with a man. If you have no personallity, or no chemistry in general with whoever you are interested in your not going to last too long. Maybe some of you don't care about the "long term" stuff, but for those who do that should be said. Also I can tell your with certainty that the perception that your lady friends have about you has nothing to do with a males perception in most cases. I notice alot of women who judge looks baised more on style, and the way another woman carries herself. Well, yes, guys also do too, but not near the extent that your women friends do. Men can find a woman in sweat pants, a tee shirt, and a ball cap twice as attractive as the woman in a formal dress and all made up. This is directly related to the fact that no matter what a man says he's not looking at your clothes, but rather undressing them with his eyes...lol...just the truth.

Oh! And, just like you ladies see it with men, same goes for women when it comes to confidence. If you don't think you are beautiful then not all, but many men initally will see that flaw. That being said don't worry about the "Pamela Anderson" hitting on the pool guy at the community pool. Instead go right up in front of him and her, and flaunt what you got (in a tastefull manner), trust me he will notice.

Old 02-04-2009, 05:15 AM

1,300 posts, read 2,572,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Roberts View Post
Actullay occultocular abinism is more common among black africans than among whites. There are many black africans with naturally fair hair.

Anyway it's a particular set of genes that causes hair, skin, and eye color to change. No one is 100% certain of the environmental conditions that make those gene expressions work. Really those genes could pop up in any region. Though we can agree they are much more common among Europeans there are a number of black who have those features.

Also note the Ainu who are a Asian people have fair hair colors as well.

Hhhhmm, interesting. I didn't know that the Ainu have fair hair colors. Then why is it that blond hair blue eyed women is such a commodity in Japan as good fortune or a rare beauty?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care