Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 11:06 AM

3,565 posts, read 4,866,610 times

Advertisements

I'm german, I got light-blond hair...perhaps like Anna Nicole Smith had ( but mine is real ) Got real blue eyes too.
Sometimes it sucks, because you automatically come from Sweden or Norway. But I am german!! There are many germans that got blond hair/ blue eyes!
That's just some weird stereotype.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 09:32 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,319,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
Soap actress Victora Rowell and her daughter

Eartha Kitt (RIP) and her daughter

Donna Summer and her daughter

Blonde hair black girl

Another blonde black girl

Karyn Parsons (Fresh Prince of Bal Air) & her children

Ex-wife and daughter of Boris Becker
Gosh, those are beautiful kids.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:21 AM

983 posts, read 3,598,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty. But here in the Washington DC area, I see very few blonds anymore. In fact most women here have dark hair and darker skin. With all the talk about the glories of ethnic diversity, I am afraid just being White is considered out of date. Being multi racial is in, white is out. And with that thinking being blond haired and blue eyed is so 20th Century! Agree?
When and where were blond and blue eyed women considered the perfect ideal of beauty??
It must've been only in certain parts of the world.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:57 PM

5,168 posts, read 11,438,772 times
Every one has different taste.. who cares what the "Ideal" is?
Attractive people come in all colors hair/skin/eyes and in every culture there is a different beauty ideal. Just do what makes you happy, that will make you beautiful
I have never met a truly happy person that was ugly.

forum rules, please read them

Old 02-09-2009, 10:08 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times
Beauty has much more to do with symmetry and proportion. Just because one notices the blonde/blue first, because it's lighter, doesn't mean one is more attracted to that. Depending on a persons personal preference, the color scheme can enhance beauty but it doesn't create beauty.

Old 02-09-2009, 10:26 PM

60 posts, read 280,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by political genius View Post
It use to be that the blond blue eyed women were considered the perfect ideal of beauty. But here in the Washington DC area, I see very few blonds anymore. In fact most women here have dark hair and darker skin. With all the talk about the glories of ethnic diversity, I am afraid just being White is considered out of date. Being multi racial is in, white is out. And with that thinking being blond haired and blue eyed is so 20th Century! Agree?

Nowadays, you can go down to the Walgreen's and be whatever color you want. Shue, I can go to the bazar across town and buy me some blue contacts for $15 dollars too!! lol What are you worried about? Embrace your beauty and forget about all the rest.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye02 View Post
one notices the blonde/blue first, because it's lighter
We in northern Europe usually notice the darker hair/eye colors first.

Naturally black hair is quite rare over here, and many people dye their hair black.

Here there's also undoubtedly more blue eyed people than those of other colors.

Old 02-10-2009, 07:21 PM

985 posts, read 2,601,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutre View Post
We in northern Europe usually notice the darker hair/eye colors first.

Naturally black hair is quite rare over here, and many people dye their hair black.

Here there's also undoubtedly more blue eyed people than those of other colors.
okay,okay, I see your point. I should have said, one notices the color scheme that is more rare in their society. Where I live blue/blonde (though the hair is often dyed blonde) is also very common.

Old 02-12-2009, 10:52 AM

I just went to the hairdresser's today and couldn't help but notice that all of the employees had black hair! I assume most of them dyed, of course.

I didn't pay attention to the eye colors. Over here, blue eyes are the "default" so to say.

Old 03-06-2009, 08:33 PM

14 posts, read 46,052 times
i just know that whenever i see a white lion on an animal special i get this fluttery feeling inside it's a feeling of respect but at the same time being able to see it as one of the pack. they're very special
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Fashion and Beauty > Hair Care